sharetrader
Page 404 of 405 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405 LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 4044
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    It seems like Perplexity AI is a load of Sh*t
    On the search “Is social welfare “robbing” tangata whenua of self-dignity and enabling a victim mentality that perpetuates the cycle of poverty.”
    ChatGPT: (The response was long so I have just copied the conclusion)
    Conclusion:
    The impact of social welfare on tangata whenua is a nuanced issue. While there may be concerns about dependency and victim mentality, these must be balanced against the realities of structural inequality and the importance of providing support to those in need. Any discussions on this topic should also take into account the perspectives and values of tangata whenua themselves.

Bing Co-pilot:
    The impact of social welfare on communities, including tangata whenua (indigenous people of New Zealand), is a complex and multifaceted issue. Some argue that social welfare can create dependency and diminish self-dignity, potentially perpetuating a cycle of poverty1. This perspective suggests that reliance on welfare might reduce motivation to seek employment or improve one’s situation, thereby fostering a victim mentality.
    However, others believe that social welfare is essential for providing a safety net that helps individuals and families meet their basic needs, especially in times of crisis23. It can offer crucial support for education, healthcare, and housing, which are vital for breaking the cycle of poverty and enabling upward mobility4.
    It’s important to consider the broader context and the specific needs of tangata whenua. Effective social welfare programs should be designed to empower individuals, promote self-sufficiency, and respect cultural values. This might include incorporating community-led initiatives and providing opportunities for education and employment that align with the aspirations of tangata whenua.
    What are your thoughts on how social welfare can be improved to better support communities?
    Last edited by Bjauck; Today at 02:27 PM.

Guru

The Govt did a good job of turning math education into a crisis when nothing had actually changed except that tested against a new (future) curriculum.
    In 2022, the previous version of the study found 42% of year 8 students met the expectations of the curriculum currently taught in schools.

The last study showed that 82% of year 4 students were meeting expectations in 2022.
    Suddenly there is a big drop - or was there?

It isn't good but why create a lie using misinformation?

A bit like the 14 levels of management in NZ Health that isn't.
    Just tell the truth!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    On the search “Is social welfare “robbing” tangata whenua of self-dignity and enabling a victim mentality that perpetuates the cycle of poverty.”
    ChatGPT: (The response was long so I have just copied the conclusion)
    Conclusion:
    The impact of social welfare on tangata whenua is a nuanced issue. While there may be concerns about dependency and victim mentality, these must be balanced against the realities of structural inequality and the importance of providing support to those in need. Any discussions on this topic should also take into account the perspectives and values of tangata whenua themselves.

Bing Co-pilot:
    The impact of social welfare on communities, including tangata whenua (indigenous people of New Zealand), is a complex and multifaceted issue. Some argue that social welfare can create dependency and diminish self-dignity, potentially perpetuating a cycle of poverty1. This perspective suggests that reliance on welfare might reduce motivation to seek employment or improve one’s situation, thereby fostering a victim mentality.
    However, others believe that social welfare is essential for providing a safety net that helps individuals and families meet their basic needs, especially in times of crisis23. It can offer crucial support for education, healthcare, and housing, which are vital for breaking the cycle of poverty and enabling upward mobility4.
    It’s important to consider the broader context and the specific needs of tangata whenua. Effective social welfare programs should be designed to empower individuals, promote self-sufficiency, and respect cultural values. This might include incorporating community-led initiatives and providing opportunities for education and employment that align with the aspirations of tangata whenua.
    What are your thoughts on how social welfare can be improved to better support communities?
    Well then Chat GPT is a load of SH*T too. If you are too lazy to formulate your own argument I won't bother reading an artificial one.

Chat GPT comes to a conclusion. I disagree with that conclusion. AI also seem to have a very narrow definition of tangata whenua. Everyone born in NZ, white, black, brown or yellow is tangata whenua.

Legend

Well then Chat GPT is a load of SH*T too. If you are too lazy to formulate your own argument I won't bother reading an artificial one.

Chat GPT comes to a conclusion. I disagree with that conclusion. AI also seem to have a very narrow definition of tangata whenua. Everyone born in NZ, white, black, brown or yellow is tangata whenua.
    LOL. You copied Alan Duff’s argument.

Anyway, so to be clear, are you saying immigrants and their descendants to NZ have subsumed any special cultural connection that Maori may have had to their ancestral land? As a corollary, do you think that immigrant communities lose any cultural connection to their ancestral home/mother country?

Legend

LOL. You copied Alan Duff’s argument.

Anyway, so to be clear, are you saying immigrants and their descendants to NZ have subsumed any special cultural connection that Maori may have had to their ancestral land? As a corollary, do you think that immigrant communities lose any cultural connection to their ancestral home/mother country?
    Yes people born here have just as much cultural connection to the land as Maori born here.

Remembering that Maori were not here originally either.

Legend

Yes people born here have just as much cultural connection to the land as Maori born here.

Remembering that Maori were not here originally either.
    You did not answer my second question - do you think that immigrant communities lose any cultural connection to their ancestral home/mother country?

Not even the Imperial British tried to push a “terra nullius” claim! For this argument’s sake, it sounds like you believe in a cultural melting pot. I think however reality is different.

Legend

You did not answer my second question - do you think that immigrant communities lose any cultural connection to their ancestral home/mother country?

Not even the Imperial British tried to push a “terra nullius” claim! For this argument’s sake, it sounds like you believe in a cultural melting pot. I think however reality is different.
    No I don't believe in a cultural melting pot. In my opinion, multiculturalism is an oxymoron.

I guess, I don't think those born here are tangata whenua, but nor are Maori born here. It's a difficult issue, and every peoples or culture have in the past been colonisers of some form.

I don't agree with unfettered immigration either. I don't mind immigration if immigrants adopt the new culture of their host country.

As Andrew Tate said the other day, is a black person born in China, Chineese?

No I don't believe in a cultural melting pot. In my opinion, multiculturalism is an oxymoron.

I guess, I don't think those born here are tangata whenua, but nor are Maori born here. It's a difficult issue, and every peoples or culture have in the past been colonisers of some form.

I don't agree with unfettered immigration either. I don't mind immigration if immigrants adopt the new culture of their host country.

As Andrew Tate said the other day, is a black person born in China, Chineese?
    What is the NZ culture?
    Christian?
    English?
    Rugby, racing & beer
    Māori culture?
    Or is it multiculturalism and everyone just gets on with each other and respects each other's culture?
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    What is the NZ culture?
    Christian?
    English?
    Rugby, racing & beer
    Māori culture?
    Or is it multiculturalism and everyone just gets on with each other and respects each other's culture?
    It's not rugby racing and beer, but if you look at what was essentially Kiwi, that has changed dramatically over the last 30 years.

Immigration is not the problem either, however it is when it is unfettered and too fast. This does not allow the adoption of the host country culture.

But the issue I have with this push for multiculturalism, is that the end result is that cultures all over the place will be destroyed and you will end up with a homogonous global culture. Quite sickening really. Thankfully there are countries out there that have Nationalist tendencies and ideologies and they will end up maintaining their cultures. Japan, China, Hungary (maybe) etc spring to mind.

But I realise I have gone well off topic so will shut up on this now.

Guru

Well said.

I noticed the threads are increasingly filling up with long winded psycho babble, and now l know why.

If they had to type all that palaver, rather than transfer what Al says, there would be less of it.

Where are we going?

Mindless Morons?

Keep it real!

I want to read what posters know and think, not their damn computer.

Getty say panel beaters should be called dentists.
    Last edited by Getty; Today at 06:12 PM.