sharetrader
Page 397 of 398 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398 LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 3980
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post

The drug & alcohol thing, or prior convictions is part of the problem because if a portion of them were drug tested they would fail.
    If you penalize them by taking away some if their benefits, do they just resort to crime?

That's the flip side. I won't pretend I have answers to this.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Amongst some, it has been for 50+ years.
    My parents used to rail against it!
    My parents also. A teenage girl I went through school with popped out 2 kids of unknown linage around 1970 while still living at home. I have no doubt the state brought up her kids. Multiply that scenario by god knows how many, and who paid for it ! Not sure if govt of the day was attempting to protect woman who lost husbands but it backfired for sure. Became a thriving career path.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    My parents also. A teenage girl I went through school with popped out 2 kids of unknown linage around 1970 while still living at home. I have no doubt the state brought up her kids. Multiply that scenario by god knows how many, and who paid for it ! Not sure if govt of the day was attempting to protect woman who lost husbands but it backfired for sure. Became a thriving career path.
    What chance has any of these kids got to get a proper start and right attitude in life with solo parents like these? Not their fault that they have mothers who think that breeding them is a lifestyle choice.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...18-months.html

https://www.rnz.co.nz/national/progr...ving-in-motels
    Last edited by Balance; Today at 01:09 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And look at how you have turned out.
    Indeed - perfectly!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    If only we put as much effort into white collar crime and tax evasion as we put into beneficiary bashing.

Indeed - perfectly!
    You have indeed - perfectly suited to encouraging social welfare dependency & propagation of beneficiaries, losers and parasites.

Congrats to your parents!

Legend

If only we put as much effort into white collar crime and tax evasion as we put into beneficiary bashing.
    Not sure what you are on about. Plenty of people getting prosecuted for tax evasion.

But I think secretly you want to put effort into stopping people minimising their taxes.

And what is this beneficiary bashing you are talking about. Still not seeing it. The example you used is of a totally irresponsible person popping out kids and becoming dependant on the state. Not good for society, but more importantly detrimental to her own welfare and future.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You have indeed - perfectly suited to encouraging social welfare dependency & propagation of beneficiaries, losers and parasites.

Congrats to your parents!
    Your logic has lost me.
    You profess to know my views on welfare dependency etc but you couldn't be further from the truth.
    Your problem is that you see things in black and white when the world is full of shades of grey.

You are so stuck in your bias that you find it impossible to think in a balanced fashion.

Guru

Your logic has lost me.

You are so stuck in your bias that you find it impossible to think in a balanced fashion.
    But you are more stuck in your bias than most others here.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Not sure what you are on about. Plenty of people getting prosecuted for tax evasion.

But I think secretly you want to put effort into stopping people minimising their taxes.

And what is this beneficiary bashing you are talking about. Still not seeing it. The example you used is of a totally irresponsible person popping out kids and becoming dependant on the state. Not good for society, but more importantly detrimental to her own welfare and future.
    Minimising tax is fine - avoiding tax isn't. No secret there.
    Tradies doing cash jobs - many see this as OK but it is theft.

Beneficiary bashing - I was looking for a less harsh word. Bashing isn't really the right one for most people (though on talkback ...).
    Listen to talkback - when the subject of beneficiaries comes up you think that all of them are rooting the system (when in reality it is few (still wrong though)), talk about cash jobs etc and all is OK.