sharetrader
Page 83 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Google is not your friend.

Under English law (on which NZ law is based) until the late C19th, married women lost their separate legal rights. Decisions were made by the husband.

Clark made her own decision on her surname. Some seem to object to this.
    Who is objecting to it? Making an observation is not making an objection.

Coverture was the basis of wives taking on their husbands’ surnames - times change and traditions can change as well but who are we to cast the first stone on those who choose to follow or not follow traditions?

Why is a woman's surname even up for discussion? Incredible some of the attitudes shown on here.

As for the preoccupation with the Greens, it's quite incredible what you all fixate on.

Perhaps the fixation on here is due to the Greens voter base growing, despite their disastrous last six months.

I don't care for the Greens, but I do care for the environment, which is the main reason I swung away from National 10 or so years ago. The current coalition seems to be even worse in this regard with complete disregard for the environment and little evidence that they believe in humanity's impact on Climate Change at all, ... like many of you I suppose.
    Last edited by Daytr; 23-06-2024 at 11:42 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Who is objecting to it? Making an observation is not making an objection.

Coverture was the basis of wives taking on their husbands’ surnames - times change and traditions can change as well but who are we to cast the first stone on those who choose to follow or not follow traditions?
    I was mislead by the exclamation mark when the observation was made by the poster ��

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/interi...CVLYSCFVENKEE/

Interislander ferry Aratere to dock at Picton Harbour this afternoon after grounding

Off the rocks, still floating & water tight ... which is more than can be said for Labour & the Green Cling-on's
    continuing their new trajectories of frequently getting dunked and having 'dropped in it' kamikaze moments

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/interi...CVLYSCFVENKEE/

Interislander ferry Aratere to dock at Picton Harbour this afternoon after grounding

Off the rocks, still floating & water tight ... which is more than can be said for Labour & the Green Cling-on's
    continuing their new trajectories of frequently getting dunked and having 'dropped in it' kamikaze moments
    The skill shortage in NZ is worse than I feared if the shower of sh1t we have left are forgetting to screw pylons back on before they know off!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    The skill shortage in NZ is worse than I feared if the shower of sh1t w
    e have left are forgetting to screw pylons back on before they know off!
    Yeah, like the contract clowns who were working outside my home.
    I left a sign asking them to turf my lawn.

They took that to mean throw it out, and fill it in with shingle!

Guru

We find out what sort of a slap on the wrist the thieving b1tch gets later today.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...or-shoplifting

We find out what sort of a slap on the wrist the thieving b1tch gets later today.

Another party list gem. Gotta love MMP.

Big slap on the wrist with the proverbial suitably well soaked green coloured bus ticket?

Poor thing has already suffered enough and is unlikely to offend again blah blah blah ….

And politicians who spout platitudes about human rights, the downtrodden etc while racking in salaries & benefits to the tune of over 175k a year should not be treated like common thieves - they deserve special consideration and reduced responsibility & accountability. After all, they have done so much good & showed so much aroha for their fellow human beings. All BS of course but that’s what the justice system is about.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-06-2024 at 08:58 AM.

Guru

Providing they can arrange nearby parking,I imagine she will get a lot of supporters from the Party.