sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jeez …. every US market index pushing through its upper Bollinger band while core inflation is still at 4.4-5.7%…..Fed won’t like that
    I think Bull and few more will hate it more ...But do people remember when I said all looking for new lows that we can go 4200 as the path of resistance was least on upside with most which is 80% positioned for downside ....Thanks for explaining at that time to doubters how I know it's 80/20 ....Deja Vu time mate

Where to from here ...more up it goes then more chance we will have lots of Bull posts on the big way down ...

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    I think Bull and few more will hate it more ...But do people remember when I said all looking for new lows that we can go 4200 as the path of resistance was least on upside with most which is 80% positioned for downside ....Thanks for explaining at that time to doubters how I know it's 80/20 ....Deja Vu time mate

Where to from here ...more up it goes then more chance we will have lots of Bull posts on the big way down ...
    actually ive been spot on on the way down called nasdaq low perfectly at xmas , went neutral recently which means not short and have actually never been fully 100% cash at all
    even family brought meta 2 mths ago now very happy
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    actually ive been spot on on the way down called nasdaq low perfectly at xmas , went neutral recently which means not short and have actually never been fully 100% cash at all
    even family brought meta 2 mths ago now very happy
    Well done mate ...I was just suggesting your kind of ride getting set up ....up to down kind u like most ....or u think market is stable around 4200 levels ...or maybe much ahead of itself for current time

Well done mate ...I was just suggesting your kind of ride getting set up ....up to down kind u like most ....or u think market is stable around 4200 levels ...or maybe much ahead of itself for current time
    markets i follow

neutral most US markets still ( which means can play short or long ) still trading range sp500 up till 4300 my books
    asx top of range might be breaking out mix of stocks this market
    nzx broke symmetrical triangle start jan to upside , im now 120% invested nz market now stocks , looking to do some interest rate stuff soon to add to mix too

Investments

markets i follow

neutral most US markets still ( which means can play short or long ) still trading range sp500 up till 4300 my books
    asx top of range might be breaking out mix of stocks this market
    nzx broke symmetrical triangle start jan to upside , im now 120% invested nz market now stocks , looking to do some interest rate stuff soon to add to mix too
    NZX u in index or in stocks ? If stocks then which are your picks mate ?

NZX u in index or in stocks ? If stocks then which are your picks mate ?
    twr , fbu few others mainly buying beaten up value stuff even brought some tra last week odd and just sold my retirement stock i held for just couple weeks lol
    Last edited by bull....; 03-02-2023 at 09:30 AM.

Investments

twr , fbu few others mainly buying beaten up value stuff even brought some tra last week odd and just sold my retirement stock i held for just couple weeks lol
    Thanks mate for sharing ...so u betting that beaten up stocks will catch with overall market ...also u 120% on NZX ...means u got 20% leverage also in ...tells your confidence of this breakout ...

Me had been most positive on NZX all along as anticipated this TA signal from FA angle ....But happy to see Bull is on same side ...lets hope it stay that way ..lol

Thanks mate for sharing ...so u betting that beaten up stocks will catch with overall market ...also u 120% on NZX ...means u got 20% leverage also in ...tells your confidence of this breakout ...

Me had been most positive on NZX all along as anticipated this TA signal from FA angle ....But happy to see Bull is on same side ...lets hope it stay that way ..lol
    same side at moment but i always as you know i can change my mind all the time
    yea you always mostly been positive so i hope you have been buying some of your fav's

Investments

same side at moment but i always as you know i can change my mind all the time
    yea you always mostly been positive so i hope you have been buying some of your fav's
    Yes ...I know u play both sides unlike me ...but I wrote I hope u stay on long side as markets show u soo ...difficult ask ...but maybe for few months

NZX will do very well this year imho

Legend

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/131...interest-rates

Infometrics predicts long recession despite glimmer of hope over interest rates

The economy has entered a protracted period of recession, despite growing hopes among banks that interest rates may not need to rise as high as previously thought, according to a prominent forecaster.

Infometrics chief forecaster Gareth Kiernan said the research house expected “a prolonged contraction in the economy through until March 2024” as fixed mortgages roll-off and households grapple with higher interest rates.

He believed GDP data due out later this month and in May would show the economy went into recession in September and is forecasting only one quarter of positive growth in the six quarters between then and the start of the June 2024 quarter.

Slighter weaker-than-expected inflation and employment data has prompted all the major banks to trim their forecasts of how much the Reserve Bank will raise the official cash rate when it releases its next monetary policy statement on February 22.