sharetrader
Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,198 of 1198

Candace Owens has been involved in numerous controversies due to her provocative statements and actions.

Anti-Black Rhetoric: Owens has been criticized for making statements that many view as anti-Black. She has downplayed the impacts of systemic racism, criticized Black Lives Matter, and made controversial comments about George Floyd and other Black victims of police brutality.

Anti-Semitism: She has faced accusations of anti-Semitism, particularly for her defense of Kanye West's anti-Semitic remarks and her own statements implying Jewish control in media and finance.

LGBTQ+ Issues: Owens has made numerous controversial statements about LGBTQ+ people, particularly transgender individuals. She has called for banning transgender individuals undergoing transition from military service and described the push for transgender rights as "overcivilization".

COVID-19 and Vaccines: Owens has spread misinformation about COVID-19 and vaccines.
    Election Fraud Claims: She has supported unfounded claims of widespread fraud in the 2020 U.S. presidential election.
    Other Conspiracy Theories: Owens has promoted various conspiracy theories, including questioning the Moon landings, though she later backtracked on some of these claims.
    Celebrity Feuds: Owens has engaged in public disputes with various celebrities, often using inflammatory language.
    Exploitation of Tragedies: She faced criticism for her comments about the murder of Mollie Tibbetts, which some viewed as exploiting the tragedy for political purposes.

Political Affiliations
    Rapid Political Shift: Owens' sudden transition from liberal to conservative has been questioned by some, with critics suggesting it was opportunistic rather than genuine.
    Her appearances on platforms like InfoWars and associations with far-right personalities have been controversial.
    Owens' confrontational style and willingness to make provocative statements on sensitive topics have made her a polarizing figure in American political discourse.

Candace Owens' career evolved rapidly after her claimed political conversion from liberal to conservative. Throughout her career evolution, Owens has maintained a confrontational style, often making provocative statements on sensitive topics, which has made her a polarizing figure in American political discourse.

https://www.aei.org/op-eds/the-hateful-candace-owens/
    Less than a decade ago, she was an unknown college dropout working as a marketing professional in New York, writing pieces for her company’s website about the “bat-s—t crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party.” Then, suddenly, she claimed to have experienced a political conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post

I see media here have begun a hit job on Candace Owens, calling her "Far Right" ahead of her visit. She's a conservative that they continually quote out of context to paint her as anti-Semite. She worked for a pro-Jewish organisation for 2 and half years!
    Owen's biggest "crimes" are probably her expose of the corrupt BLM organisation, her denouncing of giving puberty blockers to children and highlighting a prominent Jewish organisation's political lobbying in the US.

Owens can certainly be annoying and no doubt holds views people will disagree with, but she also throws light on topics that aren't covered by MSM
    Do you agree with Candace Owens when she suggested that “men are being socially engineered to be gay".

https://x.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1829160864265711892

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Do you agree with Candace Owens when she suggested that “men are being socially engineered to be gay".

I haven't said I agree with anything Owens says. Hadn't heard the quote you give. I listened to the clip and she goes onto clarify she means more effiminate. There's an argument for that.
    Most of that clip references the social engineering of women against their biological urges for having children. There's an argument for that.

Regardless of whether you agree with her or not, hitjobs my media deliberately quoting people out of context is inexcusable.

Guru

Candace Owens has been involved in numerous controversies due to her provocative statements and actions.

Anti-Black Rhetoric: Owens has been criticized for making statements that many view as anti-Black. She has downplayed the impacts of systemic racism, criticized Black Lives Matter, and made controversial comments about George Floyd and other Black victims of police brutality.

Anti-Semitism: She has faced accusations of anti-Semitism, particularly for her defense of Kanye West's anti-Semitic remarks and her own statements implying Jewish control in media and finance.

LGBTQ+ Issues: Owens has made numerous controversial statements about LGBTQ+ people, particularly transgender individuals. She has called for banning transgender individuals undergoing transition from military service and described the push for transgender rights as "overcivilization".

COVID-19 and Vaccines: Owens has spread misinformation about COVID-19 and vaccines.
    Election Fraud Claims: She has supported unfounded claims of widespread fraud in the 2020 U.S. presidential election.
    Other Conspiracy Theories: Owens has promoted various conspiracy theories, including questioning the Moon landings, though she later backtracked on some of these claims.
    Celebrity Feuds: Owens has engaged in public disputes with various celebrities, often using inflammatory language.
    Exploitation of Tragedies: She faced criticism for her comments about the murder of Mollie Tibbetts, which some viewed as exploiting the tragedy for political purposes.

Political Affiliations
    Rapid Political Shift: Owens' sudden transition from liberal to conservative has been questioned by some, with critics suggesting it was opportunistic rather than genuine.
    Her appearances on platforms like InfoWars and associations with far-right personalities have been controversial.
    Owens' confrontational style and willingness to make provocative statements on sensitive topics have made her a polarizing figure in American political discourse.

Candace Owens' career evolved rapidly after her claimed political conversion from liberal to conservative. Throughout her career evolution, Owens has maintained a confrontational style, often making provocative statements on sensitive topics, which has made her a polarizing figure in American political discourse.

https://www.aei.org/op-eds/the-hateful-candace-owens/
    Less than a decade ago, she was an unknown college dropout working as a marketing professional in New York, writing pieces for her company’s website about the “bat-s—t crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party.” Then, suddenly, she claimed to have experienced a political conversion.
    Owen's not only criticised the BLM organisation, she exposed it as being a corrupt antifa aligned group run by self described Marxists. Not that Kamala Harris would be too keen on acknowledging that.

An element of truth for sure. How many straight men are convertible would questionable.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I am quite surprised by some of the comments here that are obviously in favour of limiting free speech. I think it is appalling that Government and media colluded to limit discussion on Hunter Biden's illegal activities.
    I am totally against such limits and that includes our Government under Jacinda signing contracts with media and giving them money, as long as they sing her tune both on COVID and Maori issues.
    Just for clarification Bjauck, I read news daily from a variety of international media as I am sure you do. And I certainly am not a Trump supporter. I would never vote for him, even if I could.
    I agree that it is quite a revealing and shocking revelation from Zuckerberg - for me anyway. I admit that I had previously been more sceptical that there was such collusion.

Media owners voluntarily giving in to pressure from Government Departments is concerning. Obviously this is not the first time this has happened with media, as newspaper owners for decades/centuries have been open to pressure from political parties and government agencies. They “should” wait until a legally enforceable directive is made, and publicly announce that withholding a story is as a result of a government department directive and not of their own volition.

However, privately owned media will always have an editorial slant determined by their owners and appointed editors. The relative newcomer, Social media, is obviously no different.

When I said “you” I meant it in the sense of “one” or “everyone.”
    Last edited by Bjauck; Today at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I am quite surprised by some of the comments here that are obviously in favour of limiting free speech. I think it is appalling that Government and media colluded to limit discussion on Hunter Biden's illegal activities.
    I am totally against such limits and that includes our Government under Jacinda signing contracts with media and giving them money, as long as they sing her tune both on COVID and Maori issues.
    Just for clarification Bjauck, I read news daily from a variety of international media as I am sure you do. And I certainly am not a Trump supporter. I would never vote for him, even if I could.
    Did you read anything that was posted? Like real statements from the companies.
    They didn't collude re Hunter Biden and as already stated Joe Biden wasn't even in power at the time, Trump was.

Free speech or spreading lies?
    There had always been liable laws but pre social media there would have been an editor to ensure what was being published was accurate and didn't put the media outlet in legal jeopardy.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

The MSM are brazen about it. There was an accord signed back about 2016 that they would not publish views that didn't support the "official" narrative on Climate Change.

The common denominator across MSM? Something like 20% ownership by BlackRock and its affiliates. The inventors of ESG which was a natural fit with DEI. It's no wonder MSM is woke and going broke.
    BTW, DEI is being dropped like a hot spud by many US corporates. The proof has been in the pudding. Just ask Disney and Budweiser.

I see media here have begun a hit job on Candace Owens, calling her "Far Right" ahead of her visit. She's a conservative that they continually quote out of context to paint her as anti-Semite. She worked for a pro-Jewish organisation for 2 and half years!

They tried the same with Jordan Peterson and Posey Parker. Parker's persecution ended up with her and an elderly woman being assaulted in Albert park...for championing women's rights. Owen's biggest "crimes" are probably her expose of the corrupt BLM organisation, her denouncing of giving puberty blockers to children and highlighting a prominent Jewish organisation's political lobbying in the US. NZ has the highest usage of puberty blockers per capita in the world. The Cass Report in the UK has caused a sea change against this world wide but NZ hasn't yet even acknowledged it due presumably to the sway the trans movement and their bullying of anybody who speaks in opposition.

Owens can certainly be annoying and no doubt holds views people will disagree with, but she also throws light on topics that aren't covered by MSM

And further BTW, Facebook was far from alone in burying/denying the Hunter Biden laptop. The NY Times and Washington Post were also prominent.
    "The MSM", who is that?
    And are they all in it together to suppress the truth?
    Or perhaps they are just doing the right thing and not allow conspiracy theory nut jobs from undermining real and critical issues.

Owen's not only criticised the BLM organisation, she exposed it as being a corrupt antifa aligned group run by self described Marxists. Not that Kamala Harris would be too keen on acknowledging that.
    Let's see, we have a movement that is about stopping the killing of black people by police or police pulling over people just because they are black and in the 'wrong' neighborhood. Or going for a run at night with their hoodie up, you know what the American hero Rocky did, but it's not right for a black man.

So how do we undermine these upstarts?
    Reds under the bed is an oldie but a goodie and ever since McCarthy has worked a treat. Gawd we miss ol Hoover, he wouldn't have let this BLM thing happen.

Right let's find anything that taints them as Commies.... nah that's a bit 1950s and a bit soft. Marxists, that's it, let's find any little thing that taints them as Marxists that what to overthrow the system and we should be scared of them for wanting to take everything we own.

People will then soon forget about the whole black lives matter thing and just see them a threat to our way of life. And the disenfranchised middle aged rednecks will run with it for sure and do our dirty work.

Now that's what I call a plan!

The bizarre thing about this Marxist claim is that there have been accusations of inpropriety by the founders and senior members of BLM where they may have enriched themselves etc.
    Hardly the work of a Marxist now is it.
    Last edited by Daytr; Today at 01:16 PM.