sharetrader
Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115
Results 1,141 to 1,149 of 1149
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Bingo! Thanks for that comment. I know a couple of people who are Trump supporters. They know he is immoral etc but they still support him. So I was interested to know why, and you have provided the answer to me for one of them. It is his definition of what it means to be a man and he identifies with Trump’s aggressive dominant style.

Trump’s brand of masculinity is different form Tim Walz’s brand. Walz is being hailed as an example of "positive masculinity" in contrast to more traditional or "toxic" masculine stereotypes. Despite having many traditionally masculine traits and experiences (military service, football coach, hunter), Walz is praised for:

• Being open about intimate topics like his family's use of fertility treatments
    • Advocating for women's rights and supporting women in power
    • Working comfortably under female leadership (Kamala Harris)

This portrayal positions Walz as breaking free from rigid male stereotypes while still maintaining traditionally masculine credentials. Unlike some Republicans' controversial comments about women, Walz is noted for his respectful attitude and policy support for women's issues.

Walz is being positioned as a new model of masculinity that combines traditional masculine traits with progressive values and comfort in supporting women leaders, contrasting with more aggressive or domineering forms of masculinity in politics.
    Yeah nah, we don't need these modern "girlie" men. Give me "toxic" masculinity any day.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Yeah nah, we don't need these modern "girlie" men. Give me "toxic" masculinity any day.
    Most women I know would say you have quite enough already.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Most women I know would say you have quite enough already.
    Quite enough what davflaws?

I know plenty of girlie men, nice enough chaps, but I would not want to be one or have one if my family needed defending. They would simper into a corner. That's not the kind of men we need.

I know plenty of girlie men, nice enough chaps, but I would not want to be one or have one if my family needed defending. They would simper into a corner. That's not the kind of men we need.
    Yup - you like your female family members to have their pussies grabbed instead by the likes of the Fornicator, or maybe sexually assaulted by him?

That's toxic masculinity in full display - just for you.
    Last edited by Balance; Today at 08:18 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Yup - you like your female family members to have their pussies grabbed instead by the likes of the Fornicator, or maybe sexually assaulted by him?

That's toxic masculinity in full display - just for you.
    Now you are putting words into my mouth. I was not defending Trump. I was only saying that the whole concept of "toxic masculinity" or whatever the left like to define it as is flawed. No need for sissy girls in society.

Legend

When the Huns are at the door, you want skills with a rapier not a quill. However skills with a quill may help prevent the need for rapier.

The true masculine men are those who protect the weak and help all to flourish to their potential. That doesn’t seem like Trump.

Quite enough toxic masculinity.

Spare us your fantasies about defending your family and who might do what. John Wayne's real name was Marion and he died 45 years ago.

Guru

Something for RFK Jnr from our Shona.

https://youtu.be/eGrqVCkCvdw
    Last edited by Getty; Today at 10:49 AM.

Now you are putting words into my mouth. I was not defending Trump. I was only saying that the whole concept of "toxic masculinity" or whatever the left like to define it as is flawed. No need for sissy girls in society.
    No - you are simply stating your preference of toxic musculinity (Trump) vs progressive musculinity (Walz).