sharetrader
Page 2014 of 2015 FirstFirst ... 10141514191419642004201020112012201320142015 LastLast
Results 20,131 to 20,140 of 20142

Thread: Black Monday

Could be worse. We could be living in a state which taxes unrealised gains, a' la' Biden's, and now, Harris's policy. Oh wait, we do, or at least thats what our progressive left wants.

Guru

Or have a minimum tax for wealthy people, like Biden implemented.

Because we're NZ and we don't want to hurt people's feelings.. It can be a more generous 15% up from 0% to align with our gst rate.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; Today at 01:17 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    You might be right there
    1) it's perceived as less risk than stocks.
    2) the Government has recently provided tax advantages for housing investment & yet the IRD, no doubt amped up by the Minister, appear to be looking to target capital gains on stocks.

Making us pay for their property tax policies.

Can I offset interest from an ASB margin loan against my personal tax. I'm running a small business too.. Panda enterprises.

Hmmm it seems I can. Shame about the sh*t interest asb offers.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; Today at 01:18 AM.

ShareTrader Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Making us pay for their property tax policies.

Can I offset interest from an ASB margin loan against my personal tax. I'm running a small business too... Panda enterprises.

Hmmm seems I can. Shame about the sh*t interest asb offers.

No squeals when Clark & Cullen were in over interest & property policies .. was there ?

Everything was rocking along just fine and none of the Beehive boys & girls wanted to rock the boat (or knew how)

Many from top to bottom of the dreaming-along regime was playing fancy games of collecting houses too ..

How many did Helen finally have on the tally card again ? Was it 8 or 12 ?
    Last edited by nztx; Today at 12:46 AM.

Or have a minimum tax for wealthy people, like Biden implemented.

Because we're NZ and we don't want to hurt people's feelings.. It can be a more generous 15% up from 0% to align with our gst rate.

No I was making a point about taxing unrealised gains. I'm sure countries like the UAE would not only welcome US entrepreneurs with welcome arms they would go as far as paying the exit taxes

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    No I was making a point about taxing unrealised gains. I'm sure countries like the UAE would not only welcome US entrepreneurs with welcome arms they would go as far as paying the exit taxes
    I'm sure they would, but who wants to live there (religion, war and other nonsense). I'm sure property rights are really respected in UAE.

If you want to live in a Utopia though (ie wealthy areas in US/europe/AU) then there's a fee involved. Plenty of international students who come from wealthy families come to this same conclusion.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; Today at 01:54 PM.

I'm sure they would, but who wants to live there (religion, war and other such nonsense). I'm sure property rights are really respected in UAE.

If you want to live in a utopia though (wealthy areas in US/europe/AU) then there's a fee involved. Plenty of international students who come from wealthy families come to this conclusion.
    Haha a liberal talking about libertarian property rights....they aren't respected in NZ so I guess we have that to draw on

Guru

They have been respected for 200 years non-stop.. though that probably excludes maori.

Guru

Why is Elon still in the US, likewise for nearly every other US billionaire.

When someone wants to move, it's to a place like NZ.
    Not to somewhere a criminal gang can take your stuff or a dictator can freeze your assets and then eventually steal them under a made up charge of "corruption" with biased courts.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; Today at 08:16 PM.

They have been respected for 200 years non-stop.. though that probably excludes maori.
    Don’t think so mate. Your comrades in the Greens and those radicals in the Maori party are desperately trying to redistribute wealth.
    Last edited by causecelebre; Today at 07:46 PM.