sharetrader
Page 132 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1321

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Permission granted for you to kiss my arse.
    Confirmation of previous statement

westerly

I don’t use Snapchat so I had a look - What is Snapchat?

It seems to me to be an app that is designed to encourage risky behaviour, because snaps are fast moving and not saved = act without thinking. Users have a tendency to post questionable content, or sensitive content. So that raises a red flag for me, and it seems to me if you want to discuss politics Snapchat is not an appropriate place.

Over 75 percent of 13-34 year olds use Snapchat in over 20 countries, clearly placing it as a youth-focussed app, unlike Facebook and Instagram which are also popular with older users.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle...oogle_vignette
    What is Snapchat?
    Snapchat is a popular social media messaging app that allows users to record and share live images and videos (”Snaps”) with friends. It’s designed to be fast-moving (snaps disappear as soon as they are viewed), fun and authentic. It’s all about sharing the moment.

The idea with Snapchat is that teens can interact with people online in a low-key way. Because content isn’t saved, snaps that are funny, silly or embarrassing can be shared live without the worry that they’ll be visible on your profile forever. (That said, we must never forget the power of the screenshot … more on this later.)

According to the terms of service, users need to be 13 years or older.

• In New Zealand, Snapchat had 1.45 million users in early 2023 (27.8 per cent of the whole population).
    • 63 per cent of teens ages 13 to 14 use the app in USA (Pew Research Group).
    • Active snapchatters open the app 30 times a day.

Snapchat itself admits that up to 25 per cent of users may send sensitive content on a regular basis “experimentally”.
    What are the biggest concerns for parents?
    Sharing inappropriate images/videos
    Because snaps are fast-moving and not saved, there’s a sense of freedom on Snapchat which can lead teens to post content that is more questionable than they would share on other platforms. Parents should also be aware that the sharing of graphic and disturbing war footage and images has recently increased on all social media platforms, but especially Snapchat.
    Sexting: Snapchat itself admits that up to 25 per cent of users may send sensitive content on a regular basis “experimentally”.
    Bullying:

Teens will take risks, it’s part of their development. They also don’t like missing out on things their mates are involved with. But they need our fully developed adult brains to help them better understand risks and consider consequences.

Sending your followers a photo of a condom seems sleazy to me, but then I am a bit old fashioned and I regard sex as a very personal and private matter rather than as performative or for others' entertainment.

David Seymour sends Snapchat followers ACT-branded condom 13 Jul, 2017

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/david-seymour-sends-snapchat-followers-act-branded-condom/TKQKDI3KKKV6I5EXRLH2OPBZMA/

ACT Party leader David Seymour has sent his Snapchat followers a photo of a condom, dressed-up in full ACT Party branding, along with the message "Be Safe Kids".
    The sticker placed on the condom has the words "Helping people keep more of what they make - Vote ACT".

The post was made yesterday, the same day ACT's deputy leader Beth Houlbrooke wrote on Facebook that "parents who cannot afford to have children should not be having them", in response to Labour's families package announcement.
    However, Mr Seymour has said that was simply a coincidence.

Guru

There's a poll stat in the linked article you aren't seeing covered much in MSM. 60% of people favour Act's stance on the Treaty Principles Bill.
    Now the arm's length impression I have from media coverage is that no one supports it and that it is terribly oppressive to Maori. Well clearly people do support it...and being fair to everyone isn't being oppressive to anyone.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/the-tr...NU77I3LWPTXGM/

If those 60% numbers stick...watch Luxon get on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    So what exactly about "the way" was inappropriate? And how do you define inappropriate? Was using two fingers inappropriate? Would you prefer he used one finger, or do you prefer touch typing? I am genuinely curious what about the way he contacted them was inappropriate. Spell it out for me exactly what the issue is.
    One way in which it was inappropriate was the amount, over a long period, and extensive use. If someone used Snapchat to ask him a political question and he replied that was okay, but it appears many of the messages were not “work related.” If someone sends you a photo of underage kids drinking that is not work related.

There appears to be a blurring of the boundaries between Seymour the politician and Seymour as a person. It seems to me that he was not very professional with his use of Snapchat. To be interacting socially with school children on Snapchat seems to be very risky behaviour considering how it is used.

I have a friend who sends lots of emails to politicians about matters of concern and most of time they are ignored or get an automatic response, and not a personal response from the politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    After that, maybe we can talk about Ardern spending so much time in the company of school children....make sure you do that one too because I find that highly inappropriate.
    Can you spell out what you find inappropriate about Ardern spending so much time in the company of school children?

For those who can't see that Seymour or Bishop having direct contact with school children on an app like Snapchat then you are seriously deluded.

All you need to do is put yourself in the position of a parent who finds out a middle aged man is texting their child via an app where the messages disappear.

Having direct one on one communication with children without the parents knowledge is dodgy as hell and displays very poor judgment.

Summed up well by Barry Soper :

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/opinion...napchat-story/

And what if it was a female politician replying to questions from schoolkids? You would likely have never have heard a squeak.

Apparently Jacinda Ardern did it all the time

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Summed up well by Barry Soper :

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/opinion...napchat-story/

And what if it was a female politician replying to questions from schoolkids? You would likely have never have heard a squeak.

Apparently Jacinda Ardern did it all the time
    And I'm quite sure that the vast majority of the population agree with Soper. Schoolkids should be encouraged to take an interest in politics - and good on the ones who do, and good on the politicians who encourage them by responding.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    And I'm quite sure that the vast majority of the population agree with Soper. Schoolkids should be encouraged to take an interest in politics - and good on the ones who do, and good on the politicians who encourage them by responding.
    Not how the woke perverts like moka see it.

Ardern should be singled out for trying to groom schoolkids, especially school boys in their school uniforms, receiving text messages from her - given how perverts like moka are wanting to make an issue of politicians interacting with school kids at the instigation of the kids.

Last edited by Balance; Today at 11:24 AM.