sharetrader
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Definitely a lot happening already this week. The BPG moonshot has returned to earth orbit, and while Rawz has definitely not crashed and burned as a result he survives somewhat dimished at the top, with Aquaman and Exec hard on heels and challenging strongly. Silverblizzard.888 has reverted to 8th on the ladder, but still up an incredible 47 places so far. kiora, Tonyh and mwri are the other new blood in the top 10.

Gilberd is the early contender for the Gold Medal this time, up 59 places from -4.57% at the end of July to a current +18.65% in barely three weeks. SUBURBAN ACCOUNTANT (I still think this could be "beagle", who incidently has a new rescue dog to dote on) up 49 and ralph and habits, both up 45, are looking for podium finishes, while hamish seems most at risk of being gifted a woodenspoon for his efforts. But still water to flow under the bridge before the actual awards are announced after the market closes on Friday.

Much changing of the guard is occurring as the various competitor thesis play out, as they should given the 12 month timeframe. Bragging rights are still up for grabs for most, with many more now in the green pastures than in the Labour red numbers. Go for it everyone!

A critical week in the competition with a lot of risk on the downside for some given the weakness evident in several of the confessions offered up for public consumption. Regardless, Rawz, now on 37.51%, has fought like a tiger to retain the top dog status claimed quickly at the beginning of the week from yours truly, as Aquaman, Exec and silverblizzard.888 engaged in an ongoing tooth and claw struggle to overturn that result. To illustrate how hard the battle rages we can see Waiuta, who not so long ago had five month end second place finishes, is now 38th on the ladder and What the stock with six consecutive picket fence placings in HY24 has slipped away to 46th.

Gold medal goes to Gilberd this week up 58 places with SUBURBAN ACCOUNTANT and silverblizzard.888 contending strongly up 51 for the remaining podium finishes. Sausagedog followed up last weeks Gold with another significant rise, up 41 this time, and may genuinely feel he/she is in with a hope. By contrast Jimmy61 will be disappointed with the woodenspoon award, down 38, narrowly from stones and hamish.

The red lantern is still held by TJ1 but pauljc is the one now dangerously close to taking that dubious honour. Hamilton Hindin Green still lead the professionals race, in 40th position on 15.32%, from ForBar and Nikko Asset Management in 74th and 75th respectively. Devon are in credit by a very fine margin, but poor Black Bull Research are a long way back and obviously took a wrong turn somewhere.

Felix and Sylvester Cat are challenging to enter the elite Top 10 and given the current volatility must be in with a chance to do so next week when the market will have more results announcements to digest.

SPK and IFL (ASX) delivered significant hits to my real portfolio this week so I hope you all fared better. At least some holdings are now cum dividend, which should keep my bank account out of overdraft in due course.

Good luck to everyone and may the market be with you!

PS This post is number 1000 for me, although that number will change higher if I comment again. But a milestone nevertheless. I encourage all our "guests" who read these threads but do not post to consider doing so. The more opinions expressed and/or tidbits of knowledge passed on the more value is inherent in the Forum being available.
    Last edited by ronaldson; Yesterday at 09:48 PM.