sharetrader
Page 417 of 418 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418 LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 4172
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    The botch up introduced by the Labour govt with this insane drive to renewable.
    National have been in for one year now.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The botch up (which has already been well articulated by all industry players) is that gas supply is running low and running out fast.

And who was the one who declared her 'nuclear free' moment and banned the exploration of gas and oil in NZ?

Yes indeed - the dumb, useless and clueless red *itch Ardern.
    The botchup is how the industry is structured as I elucidated previously.
    The gas issue is important but not the fundamental, structural issue.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Partial sale was a major and much discussed election policy and National won the election. Simple.

Unlike all the major policies Labour implemented in their last stint that all came out of the blue and were never mentioned during election campaigns.
    Governments that ambush the electorate with policies not canvassed during an election get punished!

Since The National Party side won the election, with the sale as a policy, Key said he would ignore the referendum. However with a General election you vote for the party with the most agreeable (or least disagreeable) range of policies.

So a referendum on a specific policy gauges the popularity of that particular policy. Key was determined to push ahead with asset sale policy, no matter how unpopular that particular policy was with the public. He did his best to sabotage the referendum.

I was in two minds about some of the asset sales, but bought into most of them as the pricing and sweeteners were attractive - and I had available funds, unlike some other taxpayers.

I still have most of my holdings and they have done well - better than the overall market. Although it is difficult to calculate as I added to some of them during price weakness and sold most of my MEL a few years ago.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Today at 03:08 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    National have been in for one year now.
    So what. It takes quite a few years to get infrastructure up to production. The new lot are making the right noises, and hopefully some companies will get out there and dig for coal, build power plants etc. But it is not an instant, even 1 year fix.

The blame is squarely on the B*tch with her insane "captains call". What a dud captain she turned out to be.

As far as I am concerned she is a traitor to this country and her legacy is one of destruction, and putting people, especially those least able to afford it, into poverty.

So what. It takes quite a few years to get infrastructure up to production. The new lot are making the right noises, and hopefully some companies will get out there and dig for coal, build power plants etc. But it is not an instant, even 1 year fix.

The blame is squarely on the B*tch with her insane "captains call". What a dud captain she turned out to be.

As far as I am concerned she is a traitor to this country and her legacy is one of destruction, and putting people, especially those least able to afford it, into poverty.
    9 years more like.

Legend

Even the usually conservative Grey Power were against Key’s asset sales.
    Rotorua Grey Power president Rosemary MacKenzie said most Grey Power members were "very anxious" to make their voices heard. "It's part of our policy since the founding of Grey Power that we're totally opposed to the sale of state assets by any government."”
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/rotorua-d...KTM2OR5T2GHHA/

Mr Key said last week the referendum would almost certainly show the partial asset sales policy was unpopular with the public.
    However, the Government plans to ignore the results and continue with the programme, under which Genesis, the final state-owned enterprise to be partially privatised, will be floated in the first half of next year

Guru

Hope is not an energy policy.

Why isn't the private sector delivering us energy security.. still lots of sites suitable for hydro and wind, geothermal.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Hope is not an energy policy.

Why isn't the private sector delivering us energy security.. still lots of sites suitable for hydro and wind, geothermal.
    I could answer that - as Shane Jone said in Parliament yesterday, they are driven by short term profits.
    Shortage leads to use of peaking power and they all get paid more for every gigawatt.

I don't think you are correct. High Electricity prices because of the partial sale? You gotta be kidding.

I went back to my student days and had a look what my electricity bill was.

Power is cheaper now on a real basis (obviously not nominal) than it was in the 90's. As is petrol and diesel, but people conveniently forget that.
    Compare electricity prices to many countries overseas and we pay very high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Total rubbish
    So this is your evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The botch up (which has already been well articulated by all industry players) is that gas supply is running low and running out fast.

And who was the one who declared her 'nuclear free' moment and banned the exploration of gas and oil in NZ?

Yes indeed - the dumb, useless and clueless red *itch Ardern.
    Although I didn't agree with the ban on gas exploration, there hasn't been a discovery in NZ since 2001 so the policy by Labour probably had little impact.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    C
    Although I didn't agree with the ban on gas exploration, there hasn't been a discovery in NZ since 2001 so the policy by Labour probably had little impact.
    Hehe. They wanna drill for gas which doesn't exist.