sharetrader
Page 416 of 416 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416
Results 4,151 to 4,153 of 4153

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Interesting. Are you saying it was a bad decision, decided by a vote of the population, to sell 49% of those assets ? If so, please explain how you have come to that conclusion ?
    I'm not sure what you are on about.
    There was a referendum on these sales and 2/3rds voted against the sale but Key did it anyway.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I'm not sure what you are on about.
    There was a referendum on these sales and 2/3rds voted against the sale but Key did it anyway.
    Partial sale was a major and much discussed election policy and National won the election. Simple.

Unlike all the major policies Labour implemented in their last stint that all came out of the blue and were never mentioned during election campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Partial sale was a major and much discussed election policy and National won the election. Simple.

Unlike all the major policies Labour implemented in their last stint that all came out of the blue and were never mentioned during election campaigns.
    Really, show me evidence of that.
    The fact that a specific referendum on the sales was 2/3rds against suggests even a large number of right wing voters were against the sale.

And what we got from it? Ridiculously high electricity prices, lack of quality investment in infrastructure to keep up with demand, meanwhile dividends have leaked out to shareholders.

It has been an unmitigated disaster for taxpayers.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.