sharetrader
Page 409 of 410 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410 LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 4093

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    We are not in a recession because a recession implies a hiatus between periods of economic growth. We are experiencing sustained economic decline and we seem unwilling to either discuss this fact, nor do anything about
    Agreed, however there are a swathe of people that have got pretty wealthy at least in NZ terms based on the current structure and they are unwilling to rock the boat.
    Neo-liberalism for the last 40 years has basically been about underfunding Governments and enriching the already wealthy with privatization, keeping wages suppressed and not taxing the massive capital gains. The wage suppression thing became a bit unstuck in recent years, however I suggest we will be back to the status quo under this coalition Government.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Agreed, however there are a swathe of people that have got pretty wealthy at least in NZ terms based on the current structure and they are unwilling to rock the boat.
    Neo-liberalism for the last 40 years has basically been about underfunding Governments and enriching the already wealthy with privatization, keeping wages suppressed and not taxing the massive capital gains. The wage suppression thing became a bit unstuck in recent years, however I suggest we will be back to the status quo under this coalition Government.
    So daytr my definition of neoliberalism is spot on -

“Neo-liberalism is not an ideology, with a programme and list of demands, just a bunch of powerful people doing things in their own self interest.”
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Last week there was net increase of 1,140 jobseekers …. over 7 days that’s ~160 per day
    Exactly what the purveyors of engineering the recession in RBNZ & Adrian ‘Maori mythical financial system’ Orr ordered.

Appointed and reappointed by Ardern & Roberson to fxxk NZ over.

Got to be cruel 'to be kind'?
    Last edited by Balance; Today at 02:17 PM.

Guru

If they stopped importing 100k from places where anything is an improvement (even here ), they would be forced to actually do some work to lift our productivity and low wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    If they stopped importing 100k from places where anything is an improvement (even here ), they would be forced to actually do some work to lift our productivity and low wages.
    Agreed. A little bit of immigration is OK, but it's been on steroids for years.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Aren't you a self-described "large scale landlord" dobby41?
    Yip, and built over 50% new so only half the problem!
    Early on I was recycling existing property until I figured I wanted to help the housing solution (and with less maintenance).

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    I see you are back - conveniently forgotten my note about the redundant person having to be apply for welfare. Of course in your book (which no one would read) all receipts of welfare bludgers.
    According to Luxon they are "bottom feeders".

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Ignoring your stupid question - that’s what I am doing. Only a moron would equate a person (made redundant) receiving welfare benefits like jobseeker benefit, accommodation supplement etc to tide them over until they get a job with the parasites and losers who choose to be on welfare as a lifestyle choice. And an even bigger moron when the government is criticised for requiring the redundant person to do everything required to get the next job - like attending interviews, upskilling courses and job training.
    Do you have any idea on how many welfare recipients are actually in the "parasites and losers who choose to be on welfare as a lifestyle choice" category?

I agree that one is one to many but is the solution worse than the problem? A sledge hammer to crack a walnut!

Guru

Agreed. A little bit of immigration is OK, but it's been on steroids for years.
    It has been.
    Maybe if we produced more of our own population and looked after them we wouldn't need to import so many.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Do you have any idea on how many welfare recipients are actually in the "parasites and losers who choose to be on welfare as a lifestyle choice" category?
    It's shame that they didn't have access to a cool $52k in pocket money for "accomodation" (no receipts or interview necessary).
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; Today at 05:14 PM.