sharetrader
Page 405 of 405 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405
Results 4,041 to 4,046 of 4046
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    It's a nice story about landlords providing much needed accommodation, but the reality is they buy existing housing. They rarely provide more housing, or new housing. They also push up prices so home buyers are locked out of the housing market. And they are not doing it out of the goodness of their heart, but for their own self-interest as an investment. And they don’t provide much needed accommodation because if there is scarcity their return on investment increases.
    Right on - so many drongos seem to think that landlord ownership creates houses- the rationale is strange at best.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is stereotyping moka. I have rentals and have long term (many years) tenants that pay rents at the lower end of the market price year after year for good and well maintained houses. I benefit from reliable long term tenants that look after the houses, reducing my maintenance costs.
    I recently decided to sell one house but after a tearful conversation with our great tenant, we decided not to sell at this time. She sure appreciated it.

Yes I am looking after my self interest and it is part of my long term investment portfolio, but my tenants also benefit from it. It is a win win situation.
    But if you had sold the house it doesn’t change the supply of housing stock does it?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Not sanctimonious just talking my book as a poor person.

Also you did not answer my question.

Is the 2.3billion accommodation allowance a gift to landlords? What other industry gets that sort of TAXPAYER support. Or should we view housing as something different from other businesses?

Is targeted inflation a gift to landlords particularly heavily leveraged landlords?

I would be surprised to get an answer from you regarding my questions, just more ranting on some topic unrelated to my questions.

You have got a good seat on your hobby horse, stay on it.
    Balance didn’t address my post about the redundant person because Balance was backed into a corner so replying didn’t suit.

Legend

blackcap: It's not rugby racing and beer, but if you look at what was essentially Kiwi, that has changed dramatically over the last 30 years.
    All cultures evolve.

Immigration is not the problem either, however it is when it is unfettered and too fast. This does not allow the adoption of the host country culture.
    The issue I think is that the host country must ensure affordable accommodation, infrastructure and services are developed at the same time as the immigration. Otherwise resentment occurs. Immigration works best when it alleviates labour shortages and adds skills for the benefit of all. Multiculturalism can enrich too.

But the issue I have with this push for multiculturalism, is that the end result is that cultures all over the place will be destroyed and you will end up with a homogonous global culture. Quite sickening really. Thankfully there are countries out there that have Nationalist tendencies and ideologies and they will end up maintaining their cultures. Japan, China, Hungary (maybe) etc spring to mind.
    I think multiculturalism will delay a homogenous culture. Increased communication and interaction will see more convergence, even for Amazonian tribes.

Japan’s culture has evolved tremendously in the last 100 years. No culture is static.

But I realise I have gone well off topic so will shut up on this now. Up to you. It is always interesting to exchange ideas. It is relevant to this thread insofar as this Government has quite a different cultural interpretation and impetus compared to the previous.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Yesterday at 07:30 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    But if you had sold the house it doesn’t change the supply of housing stock does it?
    They're doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. Not to get rich quick by flicking it to another investor. That's why it's tax free

The sallies: property investor edition.

Guru

Now luxon wants bipartisan agreement for his projects after scrapping:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350...cture-projects

Three Waters
    Lake Onslow
    Light Rail
    Ferry Upgrade

How about you accept two (of the above) and labour can accept two of yours.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; Yesterday at 11:44 PM.