sharetrader
Page 2010 of 2010 FirstFirst ... 1010151019101960200020062007200820092010
Results 20,091 to 20,096 of 20096

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    I think we're overdue for another pandemic. Some serious lockdowns wage subsidies and money printing would be a real breath of fresh air right now.
    Is this what you meant?

https://www.1news.co.nz/2024/08/15/w...lth-emergency/

Hey alokdhir ….Kiwibank man says we can now expect EIGHT 25 basis points cuts in a row

That’s good eh?
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey alokdhir ….Kiwibank man says we can now expect EIGHT 25 basis points cuts in a row

That’s good eh?
    Almost all think so, but will it happen ?? U tell me ? U saw what it did to stocks yesterday ...so must be good ...saving rates are going down so more money will flow to income stocks ...think KFL ...lol ...It's high time KFL starts closing discount gap !!!

PS : I remember u and me were in sync that NZX50 can do well this year ...we expected +20% year...7.2 % done rest to go in next 4 months ??

Orr CUT also and provided very dovish MPS ...basically new MPS is in full sync with current market ...fingers crossed it works out

Run away NZD may have also weighed in to actually CUT ...based on rates expectations NZD started going out of hand after last labour data ...he surely didnt want to hurt exporters too !!
    Last edited by alokdhir; Today at 08:29 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    I think we're overdue for another pandemic. Some serious lockdowns wage subsidies and money printing would be a real breath of fresh air right now.
    I wonder about the feasability of that.

Though if doomer predictions about AI are correct.. then job loss will cause deflation -> reserve banks print money indefinately to keep inflation in the target range.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    I wonder about the feasability of that.

Though if doomer predictions about AI are correct.. then job loss will cause deflation -> reserve banks print money indefinately to keep inflation in the target range.
    When I was at school I'm the 1980s they said our biggest problem was going to be what to do with all our leisure time. Computers were going to do all the work. Hows that been working out?

I bet AI eventually opens new doors and opportunities.

Adrian Orr here being interviewed says 3% is a neutral rate.
    So, in theory there is plenty of scope on the downside for another 9 cuts!

‘Just wrong’ - Reserve Bank Governor Adrian Orr hits back at U-turn criticism (msn.com)
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.