sharetrader
Page 402 of 403 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403 LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 4022
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Crack down on beneficiaries?

You mean crack down on welfare cheats.

That means everyone benefits, from the beneficiary to the taxpayer to the economy.

Wokeism gone mad when requiring beneficiaries to live up to their responsibilities & obligations to obtain $$$ from taxpayers is bashing or cracking down on beneficiaries.

Or are you recommending that beneficiaries are ‘clients’ who are sacrosanct from being required to live up to certain requirements?

Take your sanctimonious platitudes elsewhere.
    There for the grace of God go thee on one’s high horse again. If a person gets made redundant and has to apply for welfare between jobs do you define them as bludgers too?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/a/politics/3...aving-children

ACT pushes for harsher sanctions on beneficiaries who ‘keep having children’

Time for an announcement from Chippie on when to open or close the legs .. or not ?
    Stop posting- you are not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    But have they ? Isn't the unacceptable number of little kids being beaten to death every year in NZ, the main reason for this change ? This includes little kids that were removed from caring long term foster parents from a different culture and placed back with the families that had beaten them to pulp in the past, for "cultural reasons". A totally shameful situation for NZ.
    The repeal of 7AA doesn't stop anyone being placed within their cultural background but it removes the need for that to be the main priority.
    It is more about deprivation than about Maori culture. In NZ neighbourhoods with more deprivation tend to have more homicides.

Māori in New Zealand face significant disparities in terms of socioeconomic deprivation compared to other ethnic groups, particularly New Zealand Europeans. Here are the key points regarding Māori and deprivation:
    Māori are disproportionately represented in the most deprived areas of New Zealand:

• Over 40% of the Māori population have consistently lived in the two most deprived deciles (bottom 20%) of neighborhoods, according to the New Zealand Index of Deprivation (NZDep).
    • In contrast, less than 15% of New Zealand Europeans live in these most deprived areas.
    • Māori are over-represented in deprived areas and under-represented in the least deprived areas across all census periods from 1991 to 2013

https://interactives.stuff.co.nz/the-homicide-report/

Neighbourhoods with more deprivation tend to have more homicides
    One in five homicides occur in the 10 per cent of most deprived neighbourhoods and just two per cent occur in the 10 per cent of least deprived neighbourhoods.
    Not every victim who dies in a deprived neighbourhood is themselves deprived, nor necessarily is their killer. But there is a clear relationship between where violence occurs and where social deprivation is apparent in New Zealand.

The map confirms that most of the homicides in Auckland occur in areas with high social deprivation.
    The most concentrated cluster of dots near the centre is the neighbourhood of Otahuhu West, which is in the four per cent of most deprived neighbourhoods in New Zealand.

Agreed.

Living on welfare is now a lifestyle choice in NZ - enabled and promoted by the woke leftists. Having 6 children from 4 fathers with everything provided by the state is perfectly acceptable to the leftists.
    The focus is just on the mother with 6 children from 4 fathers, which is a stereotype. Let’s focus on the 4 different fathers and the fact that none of them have chosen to be responsible parents. Their irresponsible behaviour and lack of morals is usually much worse than the woman’s. Many times the woman and the children are better off without these men in their lives.

There are flats near me and many of the tenants were single mothers, who were doing their best for their children in difficult circumstances. When they had a boyfriend more often than not he created more problems for them, and made life more difficult for them. I can understand the women were lonely and wanted a relationship but usually the men were freeloading off the women. They were immature and irresponsible and for the woman it was often like having another child to care for rather than having an adult relationship. So let’s look at the fathers more closely.

What tax gifts?

Reversing what the Labour government did ain’t no gifts. Just as reversing Ardern’s climate change self promoting nuclear moment now that we have an energy crisis courtesy of the stupid *itch.

Stop energy exploration so we import gas from overseas! She sure is one dumb *itch!

So you are ready & happy to descend to bashing and abusing those who worked hard, saved hard, invest wisely and provide much needed accommodation/housing?
    It's a nice story about landlords providing much needed accommodation, but the reality is they buy existing housing. They rarely provide more housing, or new housing. They also push up prices so home buyers are locked out of the housing market. And they are not doing it out of the goodness of their heart, but for their own self-interest as an investment. And they don’t provide much needed accommodation because if there is scarcity their return on investment increases.

Guru

I've found some more public servants for luxon to trim.

'Over-governed': Southland mayor calls for merger of councils.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...er-of-councils
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; Today at 01:04 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    It's a nice story about landlords providing much needed accommodation, but the reality is they buy existing housing. They rarely provide more housing, or new housing. They also push up prices so home buyers are locked out of the housing market. And they are not doing it out of the goodness of their heart, but for their own self-interest as an investment. And they don’t provide much needed accommodation because if there is scarcity their return on investment increases.
    This is stereotyping moka. I have rentals and have long term (many years) tenants that pay rents at the lower end of the market price year after year for good and well maintained houses. I benefit from reliable long term tenants that look after the houses, reducing my maintenance costs.
    I recently decided to sell one house but after a tearful conversation with our great tenant, we decided not to sell at this time. She sure appreciated it.

Yes I am looking after my self interest and it is part of my long term investment portfolio, but my tenants also benefit from it. It is a win win situation.

Legend

This is stereotyping moka. I have rentals and have long term (many years) tenants that pay rents at the lower end of the market price year after year for good and well maintained houses. I benefit from reliable long term tenants that look after the houses, reducing my maintenance costs.
    I recently decided to sell one house but after a tearful conversation with our great tenant, we decided not to sell at this time. She sure appreciated it.

Yes I am looking after my self interest and it is part of my long term investment portfolio, but my tenants also benefit from it. It is a win win situation.
    It is good that you decided to exercise the old fashioned Noblesse-oblige.

Legend

I'm in the same situation. If a tenant is good to me and looks after the place, I look after them. Win-win. I have a property in Wellington where the tenant is paying about $150pw below market rate. They are happy, but I am happy too because they have been with me for over 7 years now, never fail to pay ever, do not cause damage and are reasonable with their requests. They are also quick to inform me if there are any issues with the property.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    It's a nice story about
    landlords providing much needed accommodation, but the reality is they buy existing housing. They rarely provide more housing, or new housing. They also push up prices so home buyers are locked out of the housing market. And they are not doing it out of the goodness of their heart, but for their own self-interest as an investment. And they don’t provide much needed accommodation because if there is scarcity their return on investment increases.
    You are looking from a narrow perspective.

Do you think a prospective tenant says "ah well, l will take my family to sleep under a bridge, because of the factors Moka raised"?

Private landlords are providing an essential service.

Getty say man who like politics, mite like spiders too.