sharetrader
Page 285 of 285 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285
Results 2,841 to 2,841 of 2841
    Permanent Newbie

Interesting article in the herald on Saturday, Mary Holm, in the herald. Not so much the article and the question asked but the statistic s that popped up in the article.

https://maryholm.com/nz-herald-10-august-2024/

The "Sell rental now or later?: article. The house cost to income graph is interesting. Remind the boomers they were paying 20% on their mortgage to keep the house values within 2-3 times their annual income.

Inflation targeting happened in the early 1990s and it appears that after 2008-2009 they just stopped pretending that the system was not rigged for the already wealthy and the well off and that they have the tacit support of the RBNZ, National and Labour. Throw that at David Seymour next time he suggests less government intervention, funny that ACT have not targeted this as it seems the most egregious example of govt intervention to benefit a sector of society over the rest. Although to be fair to David that is not race based it is wealth based.

More interesting was this.

He notes that the Reserve Bank has forecast 2.3 per cent house price growth this year, 5.4 per cent next year, and 5.8 per cent in 2026 — while wages are forecast to grow 2.9 per cent, 3.3 per cent and 3.4 per cent in those three years. If those numbers turn out to be correct, the house price to income ratio will fall a bit this year and rise a bit in the next two years.

These fu*king aholes are forecasting a rise in inequality that they are causing. Bring on the rate cuts we need to boost the "wealth effect" - Yeah Right.

Next time anyone from the RBNZ or a politician of either major party expresses concern about housing affordability, I would suggest they are being insincere and if they ever have the gall to do it within reach of me, I will be inclined to give them a bunch of fives.
    Last edited by Aaron; Today at 11:51 AM. Reason: Yeah Right