sharetrader
Page 2178 of 2178 FirstFirst ... 1178167820782128216821742175217621772178
Results 21,771 to 21,780 of 21780
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Baa_Baa you have a vivid imagination.
    Making up the rational of others.
    You are talented.
    Thank you Daytr, but I don't need others to rationalise OCA to make my investment decisions, nor do I need to imagine anything. It's all there in the numbers, plain and simple. I do have a large stake, relatively, which is doing very well thanks to the 'market' which in these early recovery days has realised it seems, that an ARV buyout at 0.83 (to them) is a good deal, but to me it's a cheap as cop out.

We know you don't like the protagonist, but it'd be no reason not to look a bit deeper into why these RV's will be super successful for shareholders in the medium to longer term. And the market cotinues to gift us unimaginably low entry and accumulation prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Thank you Daytr, but I don't need others to rationalise OCA to make my investment decisions, nor do I need to imagine anything. It's all there in the numbers, plain and simple. I do have a large stake, relatively, which is doing very well thanks to the 'market' which in these early recovery days has realised it seems, that an ARV buyout at 0.83 (to them) is a good deal, but to me it's a cheap as cop out.

We know you don't like the protagonist, but it'd be no reason not to look a bit deeper into why these RV's will be super successful for shareholders in the medium to longer term. And the market cotinues to gift us unimaginably low entry and accumulation prices.
    My comment had nothing to do with value or the company, just your last paragraph where you seem to think you know what other people think. As I said, talented! 😅

Remember my valuation back 4 - 5 months ago was 99c and that's when most were saying no interest rate cuts to at least mid 2025.

If sales pick up which they should it will have a dramatic improvement on company performance, hey but that's the macro. But it might also paper over the cracks.

They still need to work on what they are returning on assets. Apparently to some that doesn't matter. 🙄
    Last edited by Daytr; Today at 08:49 AM.

They still need to work on what they are returning on assets. Apparently to some that doesn't matter. 
    Of course a RoA is important! It's just that we don't extrapolate a couple bad years of earnings out to infinitum to determine what these RV's are worth.

Historically these RV companies have a rather poor return on assets, mid single digits, but their RoE have been excellent due to the leverage effect of the ORAs.

The float ain't worth sh1t if they can't make a return on it.

…..if sales pick up which they should it will have a dramatic improvement on company performance, hey but that's the macro. But it might also paper over the cracks.

……
    Hope the new CEO doesn’t find too many cracks and do something about them with big write downs.

Apparently Suzanne found a big crack at Bupa a few years ago which cost them about $25m
    Last edited by winner69; Today at 10:15 AM.
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Of course a RoA is important! It's just that we don't extrapolate a couple bad years of earnings out to infinitum to determine what these RV's are worth.

Historically these RV companies have a rather poor return on assets, mid single digits, but their RoE have been excellent due to the leverage effect of the ORAs.

The float ain't worth sh1t if they can't make a return on it.
    I may have missed a press release but are we all ignoring the fact that SailorRob has ValueNZ's login details and now just posts his usual style and substance under Value's username?

Quote Originally Posted by thebusinessman View Post
    I may have missed a press release but are we all ignoring the fact that SailorRob has ValueNZ's login details and now just posts his usual style and substance under Value's username?
    Not even close to the same detailed analysis sr offered.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    Not even close to the same detailed analysis sr offered.
    Yeah true.

But my posts aren't nearly as insufferable to read as yours are.

Heartbreak for Warriors as they go down 34-32 in extra time to the Dolphins. Big comeback to draw level after normal time but effort to no avail. Fans are gutted but some are still in hope that miracles happen and this will still ‘be our year’ …other fans are more realistic and accept this is not to be but say we have the team blah blah and 2025 will be the ‘this is our year’. UP THE WAHS …maybe not.

Oceania share price was down 2 cents last week and closed at 77 cents. Fans were rather quiet, probably still basking in the glory of the last few weeks. However the cheerleaders came out at end of week reminding us of the impending tailwinds like next weeks rate cut etc and there was even mention of tsunamis. So the future is looking all good and the next step up is imminent. GO OCEANIA YOU BEAUTIFUL THING.

A casual observer would say ‘this is our year’ is all over for the Warriors and looking a bit uncertain for Oceania who need a lot of external factors to go their way….and w won’t be hearing anything from the company itself until November so hoping things are actually going OK
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Yeah true.

But my posts aren't nearly as insufferable to read as yours are.
    Not always true. Unnecessary jibe though it was a simple statement of fact.