sharetrader

Default BNZ Perpetual Preference Shares - BNZHB

The BNZ bank is issuing a new Perpetual Preference Share, with a likely rate of around 7.00% per annum.
    This interest rate will be fixed for a six-year term, with distributions paid quarterly.
    The investment is perpetual, but with a likely redemption date in six years.

The PPS will constitute additional Tier 1 capital for BNZ’s regulatory capital requirements and will have an investment-grade credit rating of BBB.
    BNZ Bank itself has a strong credit rating of AA-.

Hi Grimy, are there any major reasons you’d buy these over the BNZHA @. 7.30% with the 2029 maturity?

Asking for a friend

Have placed a small order for the BNZHB

No reason at all. I see that at the sell price of $1.02 that BNZHA are yielding 7.15% and this new issue should be near to that.
    No brokerage either on the new ones.
    And with lower rates on the way, the new ones stretch the return out another year.
    I've only bought a small amount too - would have got more, but some bills in my not-to-distant future......

Thank Grimy, appreciate your contribution on this thread. I’m new to buying this type of instrument. Been mainly shares but getting older and less risk required so have been slowing moving some money from expiring term deposits @ 6.4% in anticipation of interest rates dropping.

Have bought a few QHLA @ 0.88 on yours and legomans tip, a few IFTHC @ 1.00 but see they reset annually, bought a few BNZB so wait to see interest rate, been looking at BNZA and or ANBHD but no one will gift me any at my low buy price .lol

Thanks again for sharing your experience in this space for us newbies.
    cheers
    Perky