sharetrader
Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    But you would waste your time reading garbage and reposting here?

Anyway, good to know you have plenty of time to waste.
    Are you, with your precious time going to post on what you see as Trumps vision for the US and the world?

Or with your affection for the Republicans, what Kamalas is?

Someone may oblige you and comment .

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    Just wait until she has to speak from her own mind and not from a script
    She's been a state prosecutor and Attorney General, it's pretty safe to say she can think on her feet.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    So he's gay and you're homophobic -but more importantly, he is widely acknowledged as a very competent mayor and secretary of Transportation, responsible for successfully implementing large parts of Biden's Infrastructure Act.

He is also warm, human, and funny. His best line was responding to Shady Vance's suggestion that citizens without children had little stake in the future of the country. His rejoinder to the effect that even gay Americans who have been on active service had certainly had a very large and personal stake in the future of the country was classic.
    I didn't realize he was gay.
    It probably answers why he seems to have dropped out of the reckoning for VP which is a shame as he seemed like a great candidate.

But I'm not sure America is ready to break two barriers in one go.

Tim Walz seems like a sound pick and will have wide appeal to the Mid / West.

From Paul Rieckhoff on Facebook a friend of Walz.

Tim Walz is one of the finest people I’ve known in politics. He’s a leader of integrity, honor, humility and fight. I’ve known Tim for 20 years and I am honored to call him a friend. He called me two weeks ago, and told him that—and that I was rooting for him. I also told him that I was also skeptical that the Dems would have the sense to pick someone like him. So it’s encouraging to hear this news.

If the Dems wouldn’t pick a Republican or Independent, or Mark Kelly, Walz is their best chance to win. Especially because of his appeal to independents and especially independent veterans (which make up 50% of all veterans and an important number of influenceable white men in swing states). And because he won’t piss off the Democratic base. Which unfortunately is still too much of a factor for the Dems.

Picking Shapiro would have been a huge risk—especially with the pushback from within parts of Democratic party on Israel/Gaza and the overall and increasing volatility of the Middle East in the last week. And his relative weakness in the Midwest, South and Southwest.

The Dems had to pick a veteran. And they picked one that everyone knows, respects and trusts. And especially that Pelosi and other key party leaders know, respect and trust. Tim is a patriotic, down to earth and lovable bulldog.

Especially throughout his time as a leader, and later Ranking Member of the House Veterans Affairs Committee, veterans had no finer and more tenacious advocate than Tim. Every veteran service organization and veteran leader knows he is one of our own that we could always count on. Tim knows how to get things done in Washington and for his communities. And always has our back. From the New GI Bill to the Clay Hunt SAV Act to countless fights in between and after. He served 24 years in the National Guard and deeply and personally understands the issues of troops and veterans.

He knows how to fight against (but also alongside) Republicans. He understands that making real and lasting change in Washington requires bipartisanship. Especially now.

He’s forever got the spirit of the HS football coach that he once was. He knows how to spot talent, support teammates, make people better, rally diverse groups, and encourage a team to victory. And he’s a fighter. Especially in the hard times.

The loss of his brother Craig in 2016 was an unthinkable tragedy. But Tim rallied his family through it—like he can rally our country through all this pain and uncertainty now. He understands pain, he understands working people, he understands national security, he understands America.

And Tim understands how to punch. He’ll pound away on Trump. And he’ll reveal and smoosh Vance.

Tim’s definitely more liberal than me (and much of America), and that will surely challenge him with independents and moderates. And with Walz and Harris together, the Dems are going to have to fight incredibly hard against their own brand and to show they’re more moderate. Especially after Republicans weaponize the fact that he was Bernie Sanders’ preferred pick.

But Tim Walz is incredibly sincere, hard working, tough, and likable. He’s a leader of integrity and character when we’ve never needed it more. He’s great at media and on the stump. He’s the opposite of weird.

And, yes, he’s funny. Which we also all really need now.

He will change some hearts and minds. Hopefully, enough to beat Trump.

It’s gonna be a dogfight to the finish. And beyond.

But Coach and Sergeant Major Tim Walz is a fighter—and he’s up for it.

And I’m rooting for him to win.

Now and always.
    Last edited by Daytr; Today at 07:31 AM.

Align yourself with Trump at your peril. I was going to short Tesla a little while back on this basis. Doh! 30% down.

https://electrek.co/2024/08/06/tesla...tesla-mission/