sharetrader
Page 1991 of 1992 FirstFirst ... 9911491189119411981198719881989199019911992 LastLast
Results 19,901 to 19,910 of 19911

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    some people saying the unwind of the yen carry trade is a negative for US stocks at the moment as well
    Yeah not sure about that, sounds like people looking for a reason. I would suggest it's purely about earnings & the heat coming out of AI.

I see it as a correction, but is it a 10% correction or 20%? Time will tell.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Its better for the taxpayer if they are issued at a lower rate , less interet to pay on them !!!!!!
    Also who buys them? The RBNZ ie the govt owes itself or America/China/japan.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Also who buys them? The RBNZ ie the govt owes itself or America/China/japan.
    The later ,if it was the RBNZ it would be the money go round again and that cost us circa $ 10 billion last time .Govt still recapitalising RBNZ at something like $ 250 million a month for that. Not sure the RBNZ Governor wants to repeat that dose .......

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Hope all these gurus are right eh alokdhir

I know it’ll happen for sure when Katie does a rave on 1News
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hope all these gurus are right eh alokdhir

I know it’ll happen for sure when Katie does a rave on 1News
    Of course she is right. However, you cannot afford to invest in the Companies with too much debt, increasing costs, negative cashflows, paying no dividends, and relient on gas or expensive energy.

There is good value on the NZX, but buyer beware.. Too many people rely on the punt of a takeover, or keep buying the dogs to average their price.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Yeah not sure about that, sounds like people looking for a reason. I would suggest it's purely about earnings & the heat coming out of AI.

I see it as a correction, but is it a 10% correction or 20%? Time will tell.
    11/7 both nasdaq and yen currency trade broke down also japan 10yr bond started to rise , i see it as mix of yen carry trade unwinding and like you say AI overstretched prob why buffet took 50% profit in apple at peak. ( who would have guessed buffet times the market lol )
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Of course she is right. However, you cannot afford to invest in the Companies with too much debt, increasing costs, negative cashflows, paying no dividends, and relient on gas or expensive energy.

There is good value on the NZX, but buyer beware.. Too many people rely on the punt of a takeover, or keep buying the dogs to average their price.
    100% agree....
    Instant success is a curse and a gift. The curse is you think luck is skill. The gift is you know it can be done. Then it’s a race to turn luck into skill before you lose it all.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    11/7 both nasdaq and yen currency trade broke down also japan 10yr bond started to rise , i see it as mix of yen carry trade unwinding and like you say AI overstretched prob why buffet took 50% profit in apple at peak. ( who would have guessed buffet times the market lol )
    Buffet probably is the clock in the apple situation
    Instant success is a curse and a gift. The curse is you think luck is skill. The gift is you know it can be done. Then it’s a race to turn luck into skill before you lose it all.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Yes now bad news have become bad news as rates coming down already in stocks ...but economy faltering is not ...but still not big worry at least NZ market .

We shud stay within 1% down band on Monday too ...hopefully
    Good call with your 1% down call alokdhir ….. early in day but we should be OK
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “