sharetrader
Page 879 of 879 FirstFirst ... 379779829869875876877878879
Results 8,781 to 8,784 of 8784

Thread: Gold

Legend

Worsening situation in the Middle East, China buying more? Interest rates starting to weaken. All add to the impetus I guess.

Gokd has held very well considering the turmoil in other markets.

Central Bank buying has been the key.
    Just think all those CBs that sold their gokd reserves near the lows, NZ included.
    Bloody disgrace.

Cost of carry is still high but set to improve with lower interest rates.
    $3k is highly likely imo, but I have been saying that since it was trading around $1850....

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Gokd has held very well considering the turmoil in other markets.

Central Bank buying has been the key.
    Just think all those CBs that sold their gokd reserves near the lows, NZ included.
    Bloody disgrace.

Cost of carry is still high but set to improve with lower interest rates.
    $3k is highly likely imo, but I have been saying that since it was trading around $1850....

Yes if we indeed are running into GFC 2.0 .. will GOLD play out the same way surge like it has pre-crash then fall as many larger holders need to raise capital ??

Gold's downturn in 2008 turned out to be a bump in the road on the way to nearly $1,900/oz three years later. But why did gold fall so much in the first place? Isn't it a safe haven in times of market stress?

At the height of a selling panic like we saw in the financial crisis, everything that's not bolted to the floor tends to get liquidated. That means liquid assets such as gold are often among the first things that get sold. As a result, for several months, even the precious metals followed the stock market lower.

https://www.gainesvillecoins.com/blo...t-we-can-learn
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yes if we indeed are running into GFC 2.0 .. will GOLD play out the same way surge like it has pre-crash then fall as many larger holders need to raise capital ??

Gold's downturn in 2008 turned out to be a bump in the road on the way to nearly $1,900/oz three years later. But why did gold fall so much in the first place? Isn't it a safe haven in times of market stress?

At the height of a selling panic like we saw in the financial crisis, everything that's not bolted to the floor tends to get liquidated. That means liquid assets such as gold are often among the first things that get sold. As a result, for several months, even the precious metals followed the stock market lower.

https://www.gainesvillecoins.com/blo...t-we-can-learn
    Yep it was a busy time on the trading desk.
    Not sure we are heading for a GFC 2.0 though, but anything is possible. As some of the heat is already being taken from the market that may prevent the type of sell the kitchen sink market ensuing.

The US commercial property market is one area of major concern for me that has been under reported. It's that sort if thing that can uncover issues at banks etc that haven't been disclosed.

My pick is that we are just seeing a healthy correction in stocks.