sharetrader
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Here's John Cleese on the history of being 'woke'. It's a term like being a Greenie that has become derogatory because you care about the environment. So something good has become something bad or embarrassing. I get there are times when people can be overly sensitive or lack humour and where the line is, is subjective.
    But racism & misogyny to me are well beyond the pale.

https://youtu.be/qdb3arA_eh8?feature=shared

And 'snowflake' another widely used derogatory term. Interestingly Cleese is more negative on woke than snowfkakes, whereas quite often they can be one in the same. Typically I find it's the person throwing the accusation that has run out of argument so resorts to what they think is an insult.

https://pin.it/5Im7MN1Dt
    Exactly!
    Woke is a term people use when they have run out of an argument. Very lazy and ignorant thinking.
    I am happy to be woke - I have an awareness of, and empathy for, those who have suffered injustice.

The opposite of woke could in effect be racism, but the polar opposite would be being unaware of injustices.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    For those that are incapable of understanding the woke left phrase, pay close attention to the November election outcome. All will be clarified.
    Woke left - would it then be the racist right? Or, maybe, just the ignorant right?

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Woke left - would it then be the racist right? Or, maybe, just the ignorant right?
    So many hats for the right, how is one to choose.
    Especially when they all have MAGA printed on them.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Obama vibes going on with Kamala.. let's hope she stays disciplined and on-message.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; Today at 12:28 PM.

Trump's record on racism coming back to bite him.
    He is being undone on so many fronts.

Perhaps America is showing it has matured and is ready to accept a mixed-race woman as President.

Trump’s comments saying Native Americans ‘don’t look like Indians’ resurface after remarks about Harris’ heritage (msn.com)
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Simply following on from there being black jobs he was there to save.

His comments sounded like being on a eugenics panel in the 1920's. I think it's serious enough that it might stick to him this time.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; Today at 02:09 PM.

Legend

Perhaps America is showing it has matured and is ready to accept a mixed-race woman as President.

Trump’s comments saying Native Americans ‘don’t look like Indians’ resurface after remarks about Harris’ heritage (msn.com)
    Bigots like clearly defined “black and white” pigeon holes into which to arrange everybody.

I confess I have fallen off the wagon. I just watched Al Sharpton on MSNBC arguing that Trump was quite intentional with the National Association of Black Journalists.

He set out to show his base that he wasn't going to be cowed and bow down before a slavering pack of uppity black women journalists.
    Last edited by davflaws; Today at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I confess I have fallen off the wagon. I just watched Al Sharpton on MSNBC arguing that Trump was quite intentional with the National Association of Black Journalists.

He set out to show his base that he wasn't going to be cowed and bow down before a slavering pack of uppity black women journalists.
    A better perspective on the ‘interview’ imo :

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-...34175701aab43f

In seeking to describe the problem generously, I’ll put it this way. Mr Trump did not understand his audience. He did not care enough to try to understand his audience. He resents having to convince anyone that he deserves their support, because he feels that support should be offered up gleefully and unconditionally, like it is at his rallies.

Guru

I have been so good to blacks. I saved their jobs. We did such wonderful things together. They need to vote for me.