sharetrader
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

And just like that the week is over, perhaps the most significant in the competition so far.

New entrants to the Top 10 include c00ps in 2nd, Cobra427 in 3rd, Aquaman in 4th and Perky in 6th. Quite a change! I noted 6 of the Top 10 have TWR as a selection. A little behind but challenging are Barnee, who has the Gold medal up an incredible 109 places into 20th, with Seadog taking silver up 72 to 21st and Bubble bronze up 63 trailing just a little. The first two had IKE in common, which had a particularly good week.

Wooden spoon is Ricky_bobby down 40 places, beating out Prestige_worldwide falling a mere 37. clip has been saved from ignomy this time, thank goodness.

KFL closed at $1.28. Did that salvage some warrants or did everyone who wanted any head shares buy earlier when they were clearly too cheap. Apparently Beagle loaded up a few days ago when they were sub $1.20. Very astute.

The olympics are underway now so that will be a distraction for many over the next fortnight. Fingers crossed and best wishes for all kiwi competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    I looked at xp04's profile and it doesn't give a location, but if he is ever at the annual Auckland Sharetrader meeting I have been organising on a November Sunday at Oyster and Chop he will not lack for free drinks - that's for sure.

Apologies if a woman, but equally welcome on that occasion if you are!
    Thank you Ronaldson, it's very kind of you. But must say without your regular comments, which I greatly enjoy, the competition wouldn't look so colorful.
    PS. Are you sure about free drinks? You know, it might happen that I will accept the invitation

Quote Originally Posted by xp04 View Post
    Thank you Ronaldson, it's very kind of you. But must say without your regular comments, which I greatly enjoy, the competition wouldn't look so colorful.
    PS. Are you sure about free drinks? You know, it might happen that I will accept the invitation
    I'm sure and will take personal responsibility. And very likely not the only one to applaud your efforts.

We even had Oliver attend last year! And a couple of my best trades in 2024 were underpinned by the comments of others on that occasion. I certainly didn't start these annual soirees, but am intent on establishing a tradition at the venue for those enabled to participate.

I will post a seperate thread regarding the event in due course as usual.
    Last edited by ronaldson; Yesterday at 08:42 AM.

July is all over and what a month it has proved to be.

After looking unassailable at the top of the ladder with six consecutive picket fence finishes from January to June What the stock has flagged, dropping off the pace to 27th - not out of it by any means but a lot of hard work needed from there. And Waiuta, after five consecutive months in 2nd place has failed to capitalise, falling instead to 9th.

Exec has stormed forward to grab the honour, after knocking for quite a while, and being in and out of 1st for days now. And a shout out to Cobra427, who also did lead very briefly but is now 5th on an amazing +26.17% considering at the end of June he/she was negative 5.45% - a more than 30% turnaround! It seems IKE and ARV overachieved for that competitor.

Rawz is back in the top 10, just, at the expense this week of Mad Goat Keeper. MrBuyit continues to lurk close up to keep everyone honest. This event is a long game so everyone should still have hope your investment thesis will play out as the remaining months pass.

Legend

A slight value / qty problem to be adjusted for with GEN - following the recent 1 for 4 Consolidation - XP ?

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/435236

On Monday, 29 July 2024 General Capital Limited (“GEN”) announced that it will undertake a share consolidation.

Shareholders will receive one GEN ordinary share for every 4 GEN ordinary shares held at 5pm on the Record Date of Friday, 2 August 2024.
    Last edited by nztx; Today at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    A slight value / qty problem to be adjusted for with GEN - following the recent 1 for 4 Consolidation - XP ?

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/435236
    Yep, just fixed it. They supposed to do it after Friday close.