sharetrader
Page 86 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Here's John Cleese on the history of being 'woke'. It's a term like being a Greenie that has become derogatory because you care about the environment. So something good has become something bad or embarrassing. I get there are times when people can be overly sensitive or lack humour and where the line is, is subjective.
    But racism & misogyny to me are well beyond the pale.

https://youtu.be/qdb3arA_eh8?feature=shared

And 'snowflake' another widely used derogatory term. Interestingly Cleese is more negative on woke than snowfkakes, whereas quite often they can be one in the same. Typically I find it's the person throwing the accusation that has run out of argument so resorts to what they think is an insult.

https://pin.it/5Im7MN1Dt
    Exactly!
    Woke is a term people use when they have run out of an argument. Very lazy and ignorant thinking.
    I am happy to be woke - I have an awareness of, and empathy for, those who have suffered injustice.

The opposite of woke could in effect be racism, but the polar opposite would be being unaware of injustices.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    For those that are incapable of understanding the woke left phrase, pay close attention to the November election outcome. All will be clarified.
    Woke left - would it then be the racist right? Or, maybe, just the ignorant right?

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Woke left - would it then be the racist right? Or, maybe, just the ignorant right?
    So many hats for the right, how is one to choose.
    Especially when they all have MAGA printed on them.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.