sharetrader
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    percy

https://yhoo.it/3WCqE5N The RSI at just 31 is a concern.

https://stocknessmonster.com/charts/fnd.asx
    On this chart the share price is just below the 90 day moving average $3.50 but well ahead of the 180 day moving average $2.50.
    Last edited by percy; Today at 10:51 AM.

Membaa

The 50EMA on Daily log scale chart had been a reliable support for the whole uptrend from Oct'23, when that broke at about $4 on large volume it was a strong signal to adjust positions and wait for the return of an uptrend.

https://invst.ly/15so80

New substantial owner. Jack Yetiv. I put his name in google and there is a seeking alpha profile. Has been an investor for 30 years.

https://stocknessmonster.com/announc....asx-3A646796/

Looks like he has been accumulating all year. Started at $1.29 and paid as high as $4.62. Looks like fairly consistent DCA into findi.
    Invested $8.4m. Avg purchase price $2.97
    Instant success is a curse and a gift. The curse is you think luck is skill. The gift is you know it can be done. Then it’s a race to turn luck into skill before you lose it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    I just checked my Sharesies account and I started with $995 4 years ago. Everyone starts small. There are some posters here with millions invested in the share market. The fishing pond gets very big.

In regards to buying in a downtrend, yes very risky right now in this pullback but still the chart looks good as far as I can tell. we know how quick FND can go up… double edge sword I guess. An acquisition, RBI price increase, new contract, white label roll out, Findipay growth etc etc a few positive announcements and suddenly we are over $5 and heading to $6
    I started with $50 6/7 years ago buying random smart share funds.

SP downtrend means less risk

But it's true. If you're paying a lower price then there's more of a margin of safety and your long run forward return will be greater, holding all else constant.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The 50EMA on Daily log scale chart had been a reliable support for the whole uptrend from Oct'23, when that broke at about $4 on large volume it was a strong signal to adjust positions and wait for the return of an uptrend.

https://invst.ly/15so80
    *if you are a trader this would be good to do.

But FND has moved up very quickly in the past. So you would have to be bang on with your timing. Something i cant do well
    Instant success is a curse and a gift. The curse is you think luck is skill. The gift is you know it can be done. Then it’s a race to turn luck into skill before you lose it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    I started with $50 6/7 years ago buying random smart share funds.

SP downtrend means less risk

But it's true. If you're paying a lower price then there's more of a margin of safety and your long run forward return will be greater, holding all else constant.
    My concern with buying in a downtrend is Mr Market knows something i dont. Some examples I've thought about before buying:

- FY25 numbers have been leaked and they are lower than FY24
    - White label audit failed and temp license will be revoked
    - RBI or Central govt intervention impacting the income that the ATMs can generate.

I came to the conclusion overall that these negatives are unlikely. I think the pull back is maybe more people are sitting on huge gains and are just securing some profits. The delay in FY25 numbers from what we were told maybe put some panic into holders minds and they just wanted to get out with the gains they had. Nothing wrong with that. But for me the 8x EBITDA valuation has always worked. FND historically isnt a leaky ship and the directors have invested millions of their own money into all the previous cap raises.

percy

Cant see anything new in this.

Nevertheless still good reminder of what the business is up to and where its heading. Also likely just a flag to holders- 'hey guys, the SP pullback is nothing to do with the business fundamentals, all is tracking as normal'...

Those proposed ebitda multiples are something ay... FND could 5x from here... if one was to believe it deserved those same multiples
    Last edited by Rawz; Today at 02:03 PM.

SP up 20cents hmmmm here we go folks