sharetrader
Page 229 of 229 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229
Results 2,281 to 2,287 of 2287

Well..bull....$4.21....4 weeks to result.. looking good..break the resistance...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by X-men View Post
    Come on people..buy this dividend stock!! Put some of your arvida money on here!
    Have been buying since April. Then sp dropped so had to buy another 150,000 in the 3.98 to 4.20 to get my av price down. Quiet hard buying under $4. It went under $4 on only 5 different days in June and out of those 5 days it closed below $4 on only 2 days and the other 3 days it closed above $4. So hopefully 4.50 here we come

Quote Originally Posted by X-men View Post
    Well..bull....$4.21....4 weeks to result.. looking good..break the resistance...
    breakout above 4.20 , cross fingers funds want lots for end of mth re-balance
    one step ahead of the herd

Yup..with buyback commences after the result!

13.5c dividend less than 2 months!!

I'm not a holder of Spark, but have a question for my learning. How can a company pay out more in dividends than they earn? I can understand if this would be a one-off, but not as a regular practice.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Louloubell View Post
    I'm not a holder of Spark, but have a question for my learning. How can a company pay out more in dividends than they earn? I can understand if this would be a one-off, but not as a regular practice.
    Just to open the debate as I have only taken 5 minutes to quickly look at the financial statements so take what I say with a grain of salt.

The Operating cashflow for Spark has been roughly $800mill for the last four years or .43 cents a share (I understand they may have been buying back shares which would improve per share earnings, buybacks should be made illegal again, if there is excess funds and nothing better to invest in pay out a bigger dividend) at 1,845 mill shares and dividends have been .27cents per share.

Reported earnings include depreciation and amortisation of roughly $500mill which is a noncash expense.

That is my guess but Snoopy and others will have a better idea. This might be too simplistic and does not take into account movements on the Balance Sheet.

Sometimes I find the cashflow statement more enlightening than the Statement of Profit & Loss.

this is sparks new div policy

pay-out ratio of ~80%-100% of free cash flow on a long run basis

free cashflow now calculated as

EBITDAI

LESS

Other gains and impairments; Interest; Tax; Lease costs; and
    Maintenance capital expenditure

EXCLUDES:
    Growth capital expenditure; Spectrum; and Movements in working capital

my rough ball is fcf is 900m odd so there div payout is 50% odd (486 m )

i havnt included maintenance cap exp so figures prob out a little just top of head stuff
    Last edited by bull....; Today at 09:34 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd