sharetrader
Page 2141 of 2141 FirstFirst ... 1141164120412091213121372138213921402141
Results 21,401 to 21,407 of 21407

I gave up, this kind of trading volume not suit me.....

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    I think that is a possible interpretation of the messaging released today but I don't think this is the correct position now. I think it is more likely that there has been a change in position and there is no timeframe to work with unless Novitas/CMS says otherwise.
    Although it is ambiguous, that's my interpretation also.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Although it is ambiguous, that's my interpretation also.
    It is very ambiguous... Monday should bring more certainty... but also a higher price possibly
    Last edited by snigmac; Yesterday at 12:00 PM.

Ops I thought the links to the lcds were down but they look to be online now..
    Last edited by snigmac; Yesterday at 12:18 PM.

This was posted on the other site.

Novitas has been granted an extension https://www.novitas-solutions.com/we...entId=00006150

No timeframe provided.

Also discussed on this blog https://www.discoveriesinhealthpolicy.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Greekwatchdog View Post
    This was posted on the other site.

Novitas has been granted an extension https://www.novitas-solutions.com/we...entId=00006150

No timeframe provided.

Also discussed on this blog https://www.discoveriesinhealthpolicy.com/
    Novitas must be staffed by very slow readers. PEB and the AUA both provided submissions to Novitas in September last year.

The news is positive in my opinion (less positive than if the lcd was withdrawn but still positive).

Reading into this, I suspect what has happened is that CMS has told Novitas that it is not on the right path and that significant time will likely be needed to have the LCD in a state where it is workable to advance. CMS could have given Novitas a 1 or 2 week extension, instead it has provided a indefinite extension. Firstly, for me this indicates that significant and careful reworking of the proposed LCD is required, else a shorter extension would have sufficed. The wording "An extension has been granted by CMS in order for all comments to be considered thoroughly", reads for me, that Novitas did a bad job with addressing comments and submissions. I wouldnt be suprised if one of the points that Novitas is having a hard time with addressing are the submissions made which indicate that Novitas is acting outside of powers and setting a incorrect threshold via reliance on the external knowledge bases (PEB, AUA and 21 and other parties commented on this). Secondly, i also think that CMS and Novitas are going to be extra careful. An indefinite extension outside what is allowed puts both CMS and Novitas at risk of procedural unfairness and risk of litigation (from several companies). This second point could be potentially very powerful for the companies as it is incredibly unfair for CMS and Novitas to subject PEB, the other companies and Medicare users to so much uncertainty for a unstated period of time.

What I think will happen moving forward is that Novitas will take a long time to finalize the lcd and what will most likely happen as a outcome is that there will be something new to be worked with that has been built with consultation with stakeholders. During this time, this should provide PEB and other impacted companies with room to meet requirements.

This could represent a change in position which is significant and positive for the PEB but there are risks also.

Disc: holding, DYOR
    Last edited by snigmac; Today at 11:14 AM.