sharetrader
Page 244 of 251 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2505
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kiwikeith View Post
    OMG. Jenny, I can give you some free budgeting advice if times ever get hard. A jar of Nescafe original instant coffee (180g) sells for $7.89 at Pak n Save. You should be able to get around 100 cups of coffee out of that.
    I'd cut her some slack kiwikeith. Quality journalism is worth paying for. Stuff....not so much. Actually more true of Stuff 6 months ago. They have been doing some quality work of late. Under Ardern they were dire. Paid mouthpiece for a nasty regime. But they do seem to be lifting their game now that they are off the government payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I'd cut her some slack kiwikeith. Quality journalism is worth paying for. Stuff....not so much. Actually more true of Stuff 6 months ago. They have been doing some quality work of late. Under Ardern they were dire. Paid mouthpiece for a nasty regime. But they do seem to be lifting their game now that they are off the government payroll.
    Yep, I'm only being sarcastic. She makes the perfectly valid point that no one is forced to subscribe. I accept that.

Hi all. I take a look at Fletcher's newest directors in my latest column. Could he be a candidate to be the new CEO? I don't think so.
    Find out why here: https://justthebusinessjennyruth.substack.com/
    BTW I'm not sure how old the photo is - he does look remarkably young for a baby boomer. I got it from LinkedIn

Oh dear …..ship taking cement around the country from Golden Bay is broken

Might impact profit by $30m

https://announcements.nzx.com/detail/435173
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ya know, one of these days they might actually give us a positive ann... cant remember when the last one was eh W!

just another 'one off' item. Nothing to see here. Certainly not a symptom of poor management/oversite. like, how old is this ship and did FBU ever check on its sea worthiness..?? considering it is clearly a critical part of the cement supply chain with 10s of millions on the line......... one would think they would require the third party to have it up to a certain standard. Im picturing a 20 year old dunga. Running on steam.
    Instant success is a curse and a gift. The curse is you think luck is skill. The gift is you know it can be done. Then it’s a race to turn luck into skill before you lose it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    just another 'one off' item. Nothing to see here. Certainly not a symptom of poor management/oversite. like, how old is this ship and did FBU ever check on its sea worthiness..?? considering it is clearly a critical part of the cement supply chain with 10s of millions on the line......... one would think they would require the third party to have it up to a certain standard. Im picturing a 20 year old dunga. Running on steam.

They talk if trucknand rail across Cook Strait ….good luck with that I reckon

Even better get their own ship and not rely on 3rd party

But we can always import
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    It’s less than 10 years old rawz ….and mainly does trips around North Island from up north somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It’s less than 10 years old rawz ….and mainly does trips around North Island from up north somewhere
    Okay well thats not too bad then. Just bad luck for FBU then. One day they will have a run of good luck.
    Instant success is a curse and a gift. The curse is you think luck is skill. The gift is you know it can be done. Then it’s a race to turn luck into skill before you lose it all.

Haha Hosking this morning on ZB was talking about how he finds it very strange that FBU can allow one boat to impact the business so much. He questioned why FBU didnt own the boat and why there weren't better contingencies in place. To lose $10-$30m over this.... just crazy.

FBU still in its bad news down cycle and internally its not a winning culture.