sharetrader
Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576 LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Non stop fake news regurgitated from you without any fact check or context from Fox News.

How is this contributing to a contest of vision, ideas, aspirations and inspirations?
    I don't know what your definition of fake news is, but I'm referring to Fox news which is part of the standard Sky package.
    You either have it or you don't.
    It runs continuous, and updates, and viewers can see it and form their own opinions on the news as presented.
    When for example Kamala or just recently Biden gives a speech, it's the live coverage as shown elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    Apologies if you have already stated you views on NZTV1. Do you believe they have a left bias ?
    Left bias is surely putting it mildly!

And this is what the level of intellectual, aspirational, inspirational and visionary debate that Trump’s running mate is stooping down to try and dissuade the electorate from voting for the competitor?

Fxxk - US is truly stuffed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/paren...ris-childless/

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Left bias is surely putting it mildly!
    TV1 is so far left my household never bothers to turn it on anymore. That's for a a different thread.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Yet you were OK with Biden? A lot of sidestepping going on here BJauck.

The big difference between Biden and previous presidential choices for VP is that Biden's political reasons for choosing Harris were purely racist and sexist. He said so. Not because she came from California, or had been an AG, or was competent. His criteria was that his VP be a coloured woman. I guess the party of the slavers hasn't changed that much in 150 years.
    Some dog whistling going on here.

Kamala's qualifications
    * University graduate
    * Law school graduate
    * Passes the bar exam
    * Becomes District Attorney
    * Becomes Attorney General (& reelected)
    * Sitting US Senator
    * Short listed US presidential candidate taking part in debates against Biden
    * Vice President of the United States
    * Now Presumptive Democratic Nominee

Kamala got on the short list to become the VP after passing her bar exam, becoming a district attorney, then becoming attorney general, then a US senator, through to becoming a contender for the US presidency BEFORE she was chosen as a VP pick. Jonu claims because she is a woman and black she was merely a diversity & inclusion candidate. I find those statements repugnant. She became a top presidential contender on her own merits. Jonu feigns outrage because simple politics saw her appointed VP, even if she was eminently qualified, but then shut up faster than Trump at math class when I asked him if he would have a problem with Harris picking a VP candidate on the basis they were white and a male on the basis of similar politics. Curious that, isn't it? 14 posts Jonu had yesterday on the US presidential election thread....clearly a busy person and really earning those NTM director fees.

And then the ramble and dog whistle about having more women in the in secret service and Trumps attempted assassination. Yes in response to you Jonu I saw the (short) women standing by trump after the shooting. Yes I thought they looked silly and couldn't holster their gun. But you implied (by dog whistle) that by having women in the SS was responsible for trump getting a knick on his ear? The SS snipers were men. All of them. The police officer who climbed onto the warehouse and failed to engage the shooter was a man. I'd bet you the 'agent in charge' of the whole area was also a man. But yet you instinctively moan about the women on the scene? All the people there fumbled and was a national disgrace. The women SS agents as far as I can tell had nothing to do with the security lapses that allowed that to happen. Like honestly, there was a monumental failure and all directly involved agents were men but you point to short women who had nothing to do with that and imply it was their fault? Get a grip Jonu. It was a total a complete failure - gender, race and sexuality had nothing to do with those failures. Can you imagine Jonu's howels to the moon had the SS snipers been women or the police officer who climbed the ladder and dropped to the ground been a woman?
    Last edited by Muse; Today at 02:17 AM.

Guru

Plus she was a senator from California.. being the largest and wealthiest state there would be tough competition vs somewhere like wyoming where anyone would qualify.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    Some dog whistling going on here.

Kamala's qualifications
    * University graduate
    * Law school graduate
    * Passes the bar exam
    * Becomes District Attorney
    * Becomes Attorney General (& reelected)
    * Sitting US Senator
    * Short listed US presidential candidate taking part in debates against Biden
    * Vice President of the United States
    * Now Presumptive Democratic Nominee

Kamala got on the short list to become the VP after passing her bar exam, becoming a district attorney, then becoming attorney general, then a US senator, through to becoming a contender for the US presidency BEFORE she was chosen as a VP pick. Jonu claims because she is a woman and black she was merely a diversity & inclusion candidate. I find those statements repugnant. She became a top presidential contender on her own merits. Jonu feigns outrage because simple politics saw her appointed VP, even if she was eminently qualified, but then shut up faster than Trump at math class when I asked him if he would have a problem with Harris picking a VP candidate on the basis they were white and a male on the basis of similar politics. Curious that, isn't it? 14 posts Jonu had yesterday on the US presidential election thread....clearly a busy person and really earning those NTM director fees.

And then the ramble and dog whistle about having more women in the in secret service and Trumps attempted assassination. Yes in response to you Jonu I saw the (short) women standing by trump after the shooting. Yes I thought they looked silly and couldn't holster their gun. But you implied (by dog whistle) that by having women in the SS was responsible for trump getting a knick on his ear? The SS snipers were men. All of them. The police officer who climbed onto the warehouse and failed to engage the shooter was a man. I'd bet you the 'agent in charge' of the whole area was also a man. But yet you instinctively moan about the women on the scene? All the people there fumbled and was a national disgrace. The women SS agents as far as I can tell had nothing to do with the security lapses that allowed that to happen. Like honestly, there was a monumental failure and all directly involved agents were men but you point to short women who had nothing to do with that and imply it was their fault? Get a grip Jonu. It was a total a complete failure - gender, race and sexuality had nothing to do with those failures. Can you imagine Jonu's howels to the moon had the SS snipers been women or the police officer who climbed the ladder and dropped to the ground been a woman?
    Hello Muse

You seem to be doing a lot of thinking on my behalf....none of which is what I think. Let's leave me to think for myself shall we?

Also, I wasn't quiet about Harris' VP pick, but that would require you to read my posts rather than just count them.

You list Harris' qualifications for the jobs she got in California on her way to VP. Shame Biden didn't use those as his criteria. Instead he went racist and sexist. Those were the most important two. Biden had the cheek to name drop MLK in his speech yesterday. MLK who famously wanted a country where a person was judged on their character, not the colour of their skin.

You validate my point about the short female SS surrounding Trump and then erroneously bring in the sex of the snipers. If the snipers were the best they had...so be it. Were short, small of stature body guards the best they had?

DEI is never a good idea as first criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Hello Muse

You seem to be doing a lot of thinking on my behalf....none of which is what I think. Let's leave me to think for myself shall we?

Also, I wasn't quiet about Harris' VP pick, but that would require you to read my posts rather than just count them.

You list Harris' qualifications for the jobs she got in California on her way to VP. Shame Biden didn't use those as his criteria. Instead he went racist and sexist. Those were the most important two. Biden had the cheek to name drop MLK in his speech yesterday. MLK who famously wanted a country where a person was judged on their character, not the colour of their skin.

You validate my point about the short female SS surrounding Trump and then erroneously bring in the sex of the snipers. If the snipers were the best they had...so be it. Were short, small of stature body guards the best they had?

DEI is never a good idea as first criteria.
    Isn't Biden allowed to choose who he wants? People from different backgrounds be it ethnic or gender have different experiences, different understandings, different empathy due to those experiences.

What you see as sexist is the opposite of that, it's so a wider group of people in the US are represented by someone who is not only highly qualified, but also representative.

You have a simplistic view on things that fall far short of being a reasonable or justifiable argument.
    As Muse rightly points out you have a habit of picking on women. I am sure the female SS agent is highly qualified and perhaps she has other qualities than just being someone who catches a bullet. But hey you judge her on appearances. No surprise there.

Jonu is a person who doesn't believe in the impact of human activity on the climate, is a covid conspiracy theorist and instead of science believes in a man, not a woman of course, that lives in heaven and created all & judges all, and that all is through a male lense of course. Mary was a virgin & humanity didn't evolve from apes.

So my question is, why do any of us give him time of day? It's feeding the nutter.
    The old saying of arguing with a fool comes to mind.

I wonder how many of his NTL shareholders read this stuff and just close their eyes and hope.
    Last edited by Daytr; Today at 09:12 AM.

Guru

The attacks on Kamala are pretty out there:

She is childless, she wants to ban plastic straws and now she is stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5bMUGTFz0g&t=300s

Sorry if you want stupid, take one look at your 78 year old candidate.
    & BTW where's the wall?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    The attacks on Kamala are pretty out there:

She is childless, she wants to ban plastic straws and now she is stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5bMUGTFz0g&t=300s

Sorry if you want stupid, take one look at your 78 year old candidate.
    & BTW where's the wall?
    NZ’s first elected PM, Helen Clark’s childlessness, deep voice and trouser wearing were often deemed worthy of irrelevant comment too. I guess that happens when you don’t meet conservative expectations and strictures.