sharetrader
Page 73 of 117 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Competency wasn't a criterion when Trump was chosen - why should it be now?
    More whataboutery.

Competency wasn't a criterion when Trump was chosen - why should it be now?
    Exactly.
    Quite incredible how the diversity card is pulled out when there hasn't been a female president ever! Jonu is on a different planet.
    Just mind blowing ignorance.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Being nominated as a Presidential candidate and selecting a vice-President are a unique situation. I have never been in that position. I can say I approve of Biden more than Trump and I would support Harris over Trump. With a binary choice it is often about selecting the lesser of two evils. As a matter of interest, In the upcoming election, and if you were eligible, would you vote for Harris or Trump, or not cast a vote at all

Surprisingly, the American elections are not about me or thee, however. Do you seriously think Biden was more racist and sexist than Trump?

I have previously said repeatedly I don't like Trump. I have also pointed out where he outperformed Biden and Obama with regard to Putin and his activities.

The best thing Trump has going for him is that he is outside of the club that effectively control the Democrat and Republican parties. Remember Trump was a lifelong Democrat and the Republican hierarchy certainly didn't want him. Again, as I have said previously, Trump is a symptom of the corruption of the US system. I have been trying to demonstrate that "anyone but Trump" isn't necessarily a good idea. Certainly not with regards to Biden and Harris.

Probably I wouldn't vote if I was eligible, but that doesn't sit comfortably with me.

And yes, I think Biden is more racist than Trump. You could probably toss a coin on sexist.

Guru

Post duplicated
    Last edited by jonu; 25-07-2024 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Post duplicated

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post

The best thing Trump has going for him is that he is outside of the club that effectively control the Democrat and Republican parties. Remember Trump was a lifelong Democrat and the Republican hierarchy certainly didn't want him. Again, as I have said previously, Trump is a symptom of the corruption of the US system. I have been trying to demonstrate that "anyone but Trump" isn't necessarily a good idea. Certainly not with regards to Biden and Harris.

He's very much in the club. Top 1%, inherited his money while donating large amounts to both parties.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    He's very much in the club. Top 1%, inherited his money while donating large amounts to both parties.
    I heard that anyone who earns over 30k USD is in the top 1%. No reason to doubt it.

To sum up the recent posts attacking my stance..."there has been a bunch of white blokes as president previously. Let's fix that by advocating racism and sexism."

What do you think happens when the next cab off the rank uses those same criteria in a way you don't agree with? How do you tell someone they shouldn't be sexist and racist when you have advocated for it when it suits your purposes? All these authoritarian Lefties forget that the boot can be on the other foot very quickly, and the genie they let out of the bottle by way of racism, sexism and censorship can be very quickly used against them by their political opponents, or even used in ways they find abhorrent.

Guru

I heard that anyone who earns over 30k USD is in the top 1%. No reason to doubt it.
    You should have every reason to doubt it!
    It doesn't pass the sniff test for a start.
    The actual figure is an income of $787,712pa.
    Even in poorer states like West Virginia it is $420,000pa.

To sum up the recent posts attacking my stance..."there has been a bunch of white blokes as president previously. Let's fix that by advocating racism and sexism."

What do you think happens when the next cab off the rank uses those same criteria in a way you don't agree with? How do you tell someone they shouldn't be sexist and racist when you have advocated for it when it suits your purposes? All these authoritarian Lefties forget that the boot can be on the other foot very quickly, and the genie they let out of the bottle by way of racism, sexism and censorship can be very quickly used against them by their political opponents, or even used in ways they find abhorrent.
    Confusing diversity and representation with sexism. Well the simple are easily confused.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

I have previously said repeatedly I don't like Trump. I have also pointed out where he outperformed Biden and Obama with regard to Putin and his activities.

Probably I wouldn't vote if I was eligible, but that doesn't sit comfortably with me.

And yes, I think Biden is more racist than Trump. You could probably toss a coin on sexist.
    Trump’s racism - examples.
    https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/122708...racism-history
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/books...memoir-review/

Guru

You should have every reason to doubt it!
    It doesn't pass the sniff test for a start.
    The actual figure is an income of $787,712pa.
    Even in poorer states like West Virginia it is $420,000pa.
    1% of the US or worldwide? I was referring to worldwide, as per the short-lived protests of 5 years or so ago.