sharetrader
Page 1983 of 1983 FirstFirst ... 983148318831933197319791980198119821983
Results 19,821 to 19,826 of 19826

Thread: Black Monday

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    I am sure u like all Gurus understand rates work with lag thats why took long to work and will take long to do otherwise too ...if he delays or does what u suggesting then all will go downhill faster then we all can imagine ...Nov is right at present to actually pivot and July meeting is best to start sounding markets about his intentions ...but how it will happen only God knows ...U sure are in throw the baby with water camp ...who wants one more hike ...lol
    Good side effects of July RBNZ meeting showing all over ...SR and his cronies used to make fun of future rates expectation predictions ...but nothing succeeds like success ....though he gave good advise that when u know something then must know how to cash it also ....monetise your knowledge ...no need try to master micro ...macro is easier to manage and can be equally rewarding

Banks are rapidly dropping rates. Red bank for the second time in as many weeks. They had better be careful not to front run the OCR cuts and get out over their ski's. The RBNZ will not want to make any cuts.

A good message for us all.

In 1896, Thomas Edison, the great inventor of the electric bulb, was working on a car design when he learned that a young man in his company had created an experimental car. Edison met this young man, Henry Ford, at a company party in New York and was thoroughly impressed by his gasoline-powered car idea. Edison, who had been considering electricity as a power source, enthusiastically encouraged Ford, saying, "Young man, that's the thing! You have it! I think you are on to something! I encourage you to continue your pursuits!"
    Encouraged by the respected inventor, Henry Ford continued his work, eventually inventing a car that made him wealthy.
    On December 9, 1914, Edison's laboratory and factory were destroyed by fire. At 67 years old, the damage was too extensive for insurance to cover. Before the ashes were cold, Henry Ford handed Edison a check for $750,000 with a note saying Edison could have more if needed.
    In 1916, Ford relocated his home next to Edison's. When Edison was later confined to a wheelchair, Ford also got a wheelchair so they could race each other.
    Thomas Edison made Henry Ford believe in himself, creating a friendship for life.
    LESSON:
    Don't ever be jealous of others' success. If you can't win a race, help the person in front of you break the record. Your candle doesn't lose its light by lighting another. Let us follow this example of supporting and uplifting each other!

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    A good message for us all.

In 1896, Thomas Edison, the great inventor of the electric bulb, was working on a car design when he learned that a young man in his company had created an experimental car. Edison met this young man, Henry Ford, at a company party in New York and was thoroughly impressed by his gasoline-powered car idea. Edison, who had been considering electricity as a power source, enthusiastically encouraged Ford, saying, "Young man, that's the thing! You have it! I think you are on to something! I encourage you to continue your pursuits!"
    Encouraged by the respected inventor, Henry Ford continued his work, eventually inventing a car that made him wealthy.
    On December 9, 1914, Edison's laboratory and factory were destroyed by fire. At 67 years old, the damage was too extensive for insurance to cover. Before the ashes were cold, Henry Ford handed Edison a check for $750,000 with a note saying Edison could have more if needed.
    In 1916, Ford relocated his home next to Edison's. When Edison was later confined to a wheelchair, Ford also got a wheelchair so they could race each other.
    Thomas Edison made Henry Ford believe in himself, creating a friendship for life.
    LESSON:
    Don't ever be jealous of others' success. If you can't win a race, help the person in front of you break the record. Your candle doesn't lose its light by lighting another. Let us follow this example of supporting and uplifting each other!
    Story is great ...but I have been told a different story about Thomas Alva Edison and what he did to poor Tesla ...the real genius ...who went almost mad ...maybe fully ...as he fell in love with a pigeon towards his end ...

"Thomas Edison is claimed to have stolen Nikola Tesla's ideas. However, these claims have been refuted, and it has become difficult to see how Edison can be blamed for stealing Tesla's ideas. Edison can only be blamed for refusing to share a bonus that they had agreed on if he improved the DC generation plants. "

Many think Edison was cruel to Tesla and was the reason for his mental breakdown !

mag 7 etf selling could be wild i tried the new meta ai yest ... crap lol i asked it some questions gave wrong answer and when i asked if it guessed its answer was ... you caught me out lol
    one step ahead of the herd

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    mag 7 etf selling could be wild i tried the new meta ai yest ... crap lol i asked it some questions gave wrong answer and when i asked if it guessed its answer was ... you caught me out lol
    Reasons are being formed for the elusive REAL pull back ...I will be waiting for USG to touch $ 10 on NZX ...that will be wonderful LT entry for me !!