sharetrader

Angry Link Market Services

LMS (about to be rebranded as MFUG) have one of the most useless websites I've ever been forced to use (apart from Westpac and BNZ banking, but that's another story).

I purchased some IFT350 Bonds which pay quarterly and I want the payments from those to accumulate into an on call account so the money accumulates rather than being spent via our current account.
    LMS provides an option to select an holding and update the payment instructions.

First problem - it applies to the issuer not the holding, so changing it means my IFT dividends will also be diverted. I can work around that as the divs are only twice a year so I'll just transfer a payment back to the current account from the on call when the div arrives.

The bigger problem is that despite appearing to offer an option to update a single holding, clicking the "Confirm" button changed payment instructions for all 20 of my holdings !

FFS, after the Crowdstrike fiasco, you've got to ask is any of this garbage actually tested ?

Quote Originally Posted by fastbike View Post
    LMS (about to be rebranded as MFUG) have one of the most useless websites I've ever been forced to use (apart from Westpac and BNZ banking, but that's another story).

I purchased some IFT350 Bonds which pay quarterly and I want the payments from those to accumulate into an on call account so the money accumulates rather than being spent via our current account.
    LMS provides an option to select an holding and update the payment instructions.

First problem - it applies to the issuer not the holding, so changing it means my IFT dividends will also be diverted. I can work around that as the divs are only twice a year so I'll just transfer a payment back to the current account from the on call when the div arrives.

The bigger problem is that despite appearing to offer an option to update a single holding, clicking the "Confirm" button changed payment instructions for all 20 of my holdings !

FFS, after the Crowdstrike fiasco, you've got to ask is any of this garbage actually tested ?
    Try meditation. This is a problem for someone who does not have many problems. You are not losing any money - just a bit of inconvenience. I am pretty sure when you are lying on your deathbed you will not be wondering why Link could not have had a more flexible banking system. Meanwhile other people are deciding between turning the heater on and buying groceries.