sharetrader
Page 2169 of 2170 FirstFirst ... 11691669206921192159216521662167216821692170 LastLast
Results 21,681 to 21,690 of 21691

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep iits turning out to be a great exercise. It has even piqued the interest of my acquaintances at LSE who might provide this thread as raw data to the students as part of their Behavioural Economics / Finance studies …. If so be interesting what conclusions they come to about fandom and investing
    David Dreyman books are probably much more useful than this thread, in that regard, I would have thought? .

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    That's his worth that changes by the minute.
    And Buffett has sold plenty of stock over the years.
    What stock are you talking about? Berkshire?

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Not a bad couple of weeks to have a concentrated position in OCA.
    It’s great when stocks go up aye

Membaa

Especially when you have a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Well let's put it this way. Ideally things go up very quickly, and go down very quickly as to be able to benefit from the fluctuations by adjusting your portfolio accordingly.

My pockets are bursting at the seams with OCA after months of accumulating at rock bottom prices, so to see OCA finally start to see some share price appreciation isn't the worst thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    When the general market gets more expensive, that is hell.
    Last edited by ValueNZ; Yesterday at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Well let's put it this way. Ideally things go up very quickly, and go down very quickly as to be able to benefit from the fluctuations by adjusting your portfolio accordingly.

My pockets are bursting at the seams with OCA after months of accumulating at rock bottom prices, so to see OCA finally start to see some share price appreciation isn't the worst thing.
    That sounds like trading to me, hey but that's a fool's game.

At least you are consistent. 😅
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    That sounds like trading to me, hey but that's a fool's game.

At least you are consistent. 
    I said ideally.

A trader makes financial decisions based on the belief that they think they know the direction the market will be headed in the short run.

An intelligent investor makes his decisions based on the current market price, and what he thinks the business is worth. He doesn't pretend like he knows what might happen in the short-term regarding the stock price, but he may stand to benefit from the folly of Mr Market. The greater the volatility, the greater the potential to transact at advantageous prices hence why I said ideally.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yep iits turning out to be a great exercise. It has even piqued the interest of my acquaintances at LSE who might provide this thread as raw data to the students as part of their Behavioural Economics / Finance studies …. If so be interesting what conclusions they come to about fandom and investing
    Speaking on aspects of fandom, I was thinking about words and adjectives describing ppl who always support the winning team and set about to truncheoning the losing team, in relation to investing it would be positive or negative on a particular stock based on the ebb and flow of the stock price.

So far I have:

Flip flopping bandwagon fan, a fair weather friend, a warm water warrior (runs at the posibilty of cold icy water), a fickle fashion follower, a Sunshine supporter, a hype follower, a front runner fan, and a wagon jumper.

Any how, my contribution to the fandom.....
    Up the wahs!!! 😁

Disclaimer: meant with the best of comedic intention, in no way designed to offend any person, sports fan or investor.

... have power to make you great

Meanwhile Tina "you're simply the best" Turner never flags or changes her tune