sharetrader
Page 2159 of 2192 FirstFirst ... 115916592059210921492155215621572158215921602161216221632169 ... LastLast
Results 21,581 to 21,590 of 21912

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Together? You've bought some OCA?
    No don't hold.

'Lets all get rich together' was something i said on the HGH thread the other day. like a motto
    Instant success is a curse and a gift. The curse is you think luck is skill. The gift is you know it can be done. Then it’s a race to turn luck into skill before you lose it all.

With all the talk on here, for a moment I thought it was OCA being taken over

And yes Daytr, I still prefer a lower price.

It is also a significant portion of SR's portfolio.
    Reaction is such that punters are hoping like anything Oceania will also be subject to takeover activity sooner than later
    ”When investors are euphoric, they are incapable of recognising euphoria itself “

It was a small part of his portfolio but he has bought quite a lot in the low 50's, his average price is now 63c and OCA makes up 10%+ of his portfolio.

He was going to allocate an additional 2-3% of his portfolio in OCA on Friday, but didn't like seeing the price go up. Massive lesson there for everyone...
    it was a massive part of his portfolio , thats why he carried on like a big baby when ever oca was negatively talked about. his wealth was declining rapidly and so his retirement fund.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    it was a massive part of his portfolio , thats why he carried on like a big baby when ever oca was negatively talked about. his wealth was declining rapidly and so his retirement fund.
    I reckon we should compare your 5 year CAGR with his

you would need to know the standard deviation of his cagr to know if it has bee wild risk taking or sensible investing. of course the same could be said for me or anyone
    one step ahead of the herd

He was going to allocate an additional 2-3% of his portfolio in OCA on Friday, but didn't like seeing the price go up. Massive lesson there for everyone...
    what is the lesson here for everyone?

Dont wait around and just buy?
    Instant success is a curse and a gift. The curse is you think luck is skill. The gift is you know it can be done. Then it’s a race to turn luck into skill before you lose it all.

Well going by his 2nd largest investment being up an entire 11% we are shaking in the proverbial boots.
    I commend him & you for making money and I hope you make good money as I did when I said his buying at 52c was good buying.

My recommendations at the time were RYM over OCA and ARV if you were looking for a takeover target...
    Last edited by Daytr; 22-07-2024 at 11:37 AM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post

Go on buy it now, at a takeover premium level.
    This could go another way. OCA missed out on not being the takeover target and reverts.
    Or perhaps there is more appetite out there, otherwise you are relying on the OCA management to turn things around or the property market to turn, led by interest rate cuts, I imagine the latter will be the driver.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Still fantastic value at $0.70. I would buy more if I didn't already have far too many.

I expect all listed RVs to dissappear off the NZX over the next 5 years.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post

Lesson maybe call it best value buy under $ 1 then it bounces off 50% of value buy zone and start gloating ...lol