sharetrader
Page 2155 of 2155 FirstFirst ... 1155165520552105214521512152215321542155
Results 21,541 to 21,547 of 21547

Oh my gosh. The Warriors lose last night to the Raiders 20-18. That’s their 10th loss for the season and chances of ‘this being our year’ diminishing. However chief fan Jason still has hopes “ It’s been one of those seasons for the @NZWarriors so far. We have the team, coaches and management to go all of the way - but just can’t put it together for 80 minutes. Now is the time for us fans to really show our support and lift the team. .Massive effort from Mitch and Kurt. Great game from RTS. Fantastic to see the next generation coming through who would have learned a lot from tonight. #KeepTheFaith #UpTheWahs” UP THE WAHS

Oceania on other hand had a great week. Share price was up a whooping 5 cents to 60 cents. Fans getting pumped now and saying the 80 cents where it was at the eginning of the year not that far off. Fan Baa_Baa noted ..’probably bottomed, inflation is falling, property market is bottoming - some rising, and the gap to NTA is closing. Buying cheap OCA might soon be a thing of the past’. Others say we have the goods etc there are reports of many fans buying more of this treasure. This is our year …OCEANIA, GO YOU BEAUTIFUL THING.

The casual observer would say it’s looking grim for the Warriors but there is a glimmer of hope. For Oceania. But both must try harder .
    Last edited by winner69; Today at 08:36 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Hey Daytr, what are the CAGR's of each portfolio across say 6 years. If one is better than the others, why not just stick with that one.
    Do you have memory lapses?
    You keep asking the same silly questions looking to score points and even when I answer them you don't acknowledge the answer and you don't answer questions I put to you.

I know you miss you antagonistic mentor, but perhaps learn to accept that others actually know a thing or two as well and that there is more than one way to make money.

However, I will answer your second question.
    The three portfolios serve different purposes.

Trading, my smallest portfolio generates cash to help pay the bills etc, I e it's part of my annual income.

Midterm investing in equities is all about generating high returns where possible and building up a growing portfolio. Typical hold term 3 - 12 months.

The longer term indices investment is my retirement fund and I ride waves and then switch to cash or to a different portfolio.

On average they all work well and the good thing about having three strategies is there is always somewhere to make money, not just sitting on your hands to wait for a stock to turn around etc.

The other is it provides access to a much wider range of investments other than just equities and trade on a macro level that has high liquidity, a bit like my recent JPY trade, but it could be commodities, the NASDAQ or Vol. etc.
    Last edited by Daytr; Today at 08:34 AM.

One of Oceanias better ads.
    From today's Christchurch Press.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/home-propert...life-she-loves
    Last edited by dubya; Today at 09:15 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Panda, I thought you were a EMH nut. Price = Value, as you're saying above.
    Profitability is most important and that looks set to improve with a reduction in wage demands.
    A new govt is in which is looking to supress wages across the board (and yes it will bring inflation down and increase jobless numbers).

All three are good from oceania's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post

Very little point of difference in RVs, except location. Oceania adds are helping advertising for all RVs. They need to stop and target their adds better.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post

I thought the ad was the cleverest I have every read.
    Using someone whose career was finance and investment was a masterpiece.Conveyed The Bellevue was a sound choice.
    Fact she was looking for a friend but decided it was perfect for herself may encourage people who had been thinking of looking at a retirement village,to look at The Bellevue..
    Then the fact if she ever needed care she would be able to remain at The Bellevue.
    Ticked all the boxes for me.Location,security,care,privacy,etc.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I thought the ad was the cleverest I have every read.
    Using someone whose career was finance and investment was a masterpiece.Conveyed The Bellevue was a sound choice.
    Fact she was looking for a friend but decided it was perfect for herself may encourage people who had been thinking of looking at a retirement village,to look at The Bellevue..
    Then the fact if she ever needed care she would be able to remain at The Bellevue.
    Ticked all the boxes for me.Location,security,care,privacy,etc.
    Yeah I thought that was pretty good marketing. A strategy of migrating towards a higher levels of care to cater for changing needs imo is sound, you would like to think if you started to build a life in a facility that you could stay at that facility even if your needs were to change.
    Also you would have the peace of mind knowing services such as meals laundry and care are available if/when you need them.