sharetrader
Page 1759 of 1759 FirstFirst ... 759125916591709174917551756175717581759
Results 17,581 to 17,589 of 17589

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Other good thing to have high dividend yield firms is when market tank there is some income for personal needs or reinvestment. Companies that I will avoid are those who pay dividends by borrowing rather than reducing debt. In short strong balance sheet, cash rich companies declare high dividends and sustainable too.
    Definitely. If the interest rate is going to drop soon, then high dividend shares (MUST have stable profitability)will become more popular. It seems that only FCG, LIC, HGH and 2CC in that category. 2CC has very tidy market value with liquidity issue. FCG and LIC do not allow non-farmers to buy. So only HGH stays around 10% dividend yield. Another great company HLG may have around 8%-9% dividend yield but in retail sector. I am a bit nervous about the retail sector.

Earning reports season, I guess most of listed companies may face not good looking result in this year, so safety call, safety call. PS: The US tech bubble...............

Good to see a couple of STr favorites, HGH and OCA, smashing it. Happy days for all and hopefully less agro lol

Lets all get rich together
    Instant success is a curse and a gift. The curse is you think luck is skill. The gift is you know it can be done. Then it’s a race to turn luck into skill before you lose it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Good to see a couple of STr favorites, HGH and OCA, smashing it. Happy days for all and hopefully less agro lol

Lets all get rich together
    Not getting rich myself but hopefully less red on the portfolio

When the pig (CR overhang) has moved through the python, HGH should catch up with the other banks as it seriously lags behind them in a big way.

Default 8 8 6 b 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by flyinglizard View Post
    Definitely. If the interest rate is going to drop soon, then high dividend shares (MUST have stable profitability)will become more popular. It seems that only FCG, LIC, HGH and 2CC in that category. 2CC has very tidy market value with liquidity issue. FCG and LIC do not allow non-farmers to buy. So only HGH stays around 10% dividend yield. Another great company HLG may have around 8%-9% dividend yield but in retail sector. I am a bit nervous about the retail sector.

Earning reports season, I guess most of listed companies may face not good looking result in this year, so safety call, safety call. PS: The US tech bubble...............
    Thank you for the information. Best managed companies should do well in the retail sector. For a long time I didn't have one in that sector . But there could be seasonal. opportunities. Thing is not all stocks are suited for long term. Some are for very short term less than one year.Re. tech bubble: Agree. Play safe is the best option right now. Internet was a big hype those days. We saw Dot com crash. At the beginning of industrial revolution like invention of trains there was a great depression. All bubble ended up with burst. First time I was able to manage my concentrated portfolio successfully over the last 3 years after covid-19.Winners are in. Losers are out. I may have some more opportunity to accumulate quality stocks at fair price over the next 18 months specially in market sell-offs.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; Today at 03:15 PM.

Currently, HGH is bucking the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Thank you for the information. Best managed companies should do well in the retail sector. For a long time I didn't have one in that sector . But there could be seasonal. opportunities. Thing is not all stocks are suited for long term. Some are for very short term less than one year.Re. tech bubble: Agree. Play safe is the best option right now. Internet was a big hype those days. We saw Dot com crash. At the beginning of industrial revolution like invention of trains there was a great depression. All bubble ended up with burst. First time I was able to manage my concentrated portfolio successfully over the last 3 years after covid-19.Winners are in. Losers are out. I may have some more opportunity to accumulate quality stocks at fair price over the next 18 months specially in market sell-offs.

I prefer to hold less shares and avoid to exposure to more downgrade earning risks. From over $20 SP companies, all significantly held by funds, like dead water. Most of SP less than $0.80 companies have liquidity problem. The retail rectors look bad now, then Retirement village companies bad timing. energy companies overvalued, all PE greater than 20, and a couple of them PE >200.

Only banking sector is stable. ANZ (PE 13) and WBC (PE 15), dividend yield is around 5-6%. HGH PE = 9.3, dividend yield =10%. Its SP is near the historically bottom ( 2020 covid bottom was $0.89). We cannot be worst than 2020 right? It seems HGH is the only spot light currently.

was that an off market trade? about $1.8m changing hands in the last minute?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by flyinglizard View Post
    was that an off market trade? about $1.8m changing hands in the last minute?
    Yes it was.