sharetrader
Page 2153 of 2154 FirstFirst ... 11531653205321032143214921502151215221532154 LastLast
Results 21,521 to 21,530 of 21532

Quote Originally Posted by Cupsy View Post
    What part of the vision is not being executed winner?
    Probably most of it

An old wise guy once advised people not to talk about their big-deal plans until AFTER they were fulfilled. Talking about them almost feels like doing them. Talking about them still gives us the sacred dopamine hit, which if done too much, interferes with us actually getting to work, often disastrously.

Get the gist
    Last edited by winner69; Today at 02:46 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    If you knew anything about trading you would know you don't need to.
    What do you need to know about trading?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Probably most of it

An old guy once advised people not to talk about their big-deal plans until AFTER they were fulfilled. Talking about them almost feels like doing them. Talking about them still gives us the sacred dopamine hit, which if done too much, interferes with us actually getting to work, often disastrously.

Get the gist
    No I don't get the gist, they seem to me to be executing the plan as far as I can tell (you could explain in detail how they are not if I am incorrect) , they have however hit headwinds with covid and a property downturn, and hey that's life. But that doesn't equate to your message imo.
    Last edited by Cupsy; Today at 02:59 PM.

Probably most of it

An old wise guy once advised people not to talk about their big-deal plans until AFTER they were fulfilled. Talking about them almost feels like doing them. Talking about them still gives us the sacred dopamine hit, which if done too much, interferes with us actually getting to work, often disastrously.

Get the gist

An excellent post from Winner back in 2022.

Sentiment poor and Oceania the poor cousin of the sector on valuations (even Radius trades on high multiples) because Oceania doesn’t tell a very good story ….and communication is pretty poor. Nothing really to get excited about is there.

Price = fundamental value +/- hype …and no hype around Oceania (besides a small group on ST) that makes market movers excited …and for them to start buying.

And Oceania seem quite content with this state of affairs …stuff all promotion of the company
    Telling a story is important, executing equally important though eh. In my view OCA are much better at selling themselves these days. Happy with most of the execution, asset values have soared, private / premium healthcare is the right direction... They just need to realize all that embedded value now.
    Last edited by allfromacell; Today at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post

An excellent post from Winner back in 2022.

Telling a story is important, executing equally important though eh.
    Sorry, no that post stinks.

It is not the role of the board to hype up the share price, in fact I'd be angry if they did. Their job is to maximise shareholder value, not price, that is it. The market price will eventually follow (and if it doesn't, you'll be able to accumulate shares at rock bottom prices!)

Quote Originally Posted by Cupsy View Post
    What do you need to know about trading?
    That it is a fools game

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    Sorry, no that post stinks.

It is not the role of the board to hype up the share price, in fact I'd be angry if they did. Their job is to maximise shareholder value, not price, that is it. The market price will eventually follow (and if it doesn't, you'll be able to accumulate shares at rock bottom prices!)

A good story creates a positive feedback loop, where increased interest and investment lead to higher share prices which attracts more investors, easier to raise capital etc. IFT is an example of a company who does this really well.

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    That it is a fools game
    Well I have an unconscious bias that makes me think roulette table when "trading" is discussed. But I'm happy to listen to what someone has to say about something in case I am wrong, as I am often wrong and it's good to find out when I am.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    A good story creates a positive feedback loop, where increased interest and investment lead to higher share prices which attracts more investors, easier to raise capital etc. IFT is an example of a company who does this really well.
    Not more investors necessarily, just that the shares are transacted at a higher price. A buyer has a seller after all.

Easier to raise capital sure, but you also get rid of the ability to buyback shares which is value accretive where the share price is dirt cheap.

Share price entrenched over 60

Heading towards 200MA which seems about 64

Break through that and heading to 52 week high of 80 ….that be a 60% gain from lows
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”