sharetrader
Page 384 of 384 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384
Results 3,831 to 3,834 of 3834

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    IFT have done well Kiora but they are not the only option.

Using the share checker in Sharesight, which includes dividends and capital gain, for the max 20 year period, a few shares I checked beat IFT's 11.85% p.a total return over the last 20 years. They are FPH, MFT, RYM and EBO. POT and AIA were both close too, with 11.19% and 9.8% returns respectively.

Obviously past returns don't guarantee future performance which is why you should keep an eye on your investments.
    Interesting that those companies are amongst the largest holdings in KFL along with IFT itself.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    IFT have done well Kiora but they are not the only option.

Using the share checker in Sharesight, which includes dividends and capital gain, for the max 20 year period, a few shares I checked beat IFT's 11.85% p.a total return over the last 20 years. They are FPH, MFT, RYM and EBO. POT and AIA were both close too, with 11.19% and 9.8% returns respectively.

Obviously past returns don't guarantee future performance which is why you should keep an eye on your investments.
    Yes I agree investments need to be kept an eye on

Is Sharesight accurate???

I forgot I ever loaded my portfolio on Sharesight in 2016 but I've just logged on a checked IFT.

Its weird?
    IFT returns are showing as 34.65% return/annum ! ,27.9% capital gain & 7.27% pa dividends ?

That isn't right is it?

VGL that I sold around that time showing as -1,3% pa return if I held
    Trilogy that was sold back then showing as -0.86% pa return if I held
    SKL that was sold around then showing as 37.87% pa return if I held

???
    Last edited by kiora; Today at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    I for one look forward to reading the the comments about what constitutes infrastructure when the Console Connect transaction goes through
    Ha! I was going to save Console Connect for another day but since you asked...

I doubt anyone got my niche reference to Telstra's billion dollar disaster with the Reach bailout in 2001-04 the other day but you can imagine my shock when I kept digging the next day and learned IFT actually want to buy some of the very same assets! At a similar high point in the cycle, from and in a joint venture with the same partner, PCCW. Deja vu to the max!

At $US160m for 80%, Console Connect looks cheap to me. Wonder how many of the undersea cables they still own? It sure is riskier than IFT's historical investments including CDC. Not just because the product/industry are fast changing and cyclical but the HK location. What company wants the CCP being able to snoop on their data centre and fibre connections?

Do you know why the deal hasn't closed Huxley? It was announced over a year ago?
    Last edited by Jaa; Today at 07:11 PM.

I think they’ve mentioned waiting for regulatory approvals and expect it to close calendar 2024