sharetrader
Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156
Results 1,551 to 1,555 of 1555

this reminds me of the 80's lol

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    " Ran into Don Braid recently at the coffee shop. Said words I liked "normalising supply chains", "improving" Got the impression that it's upwards from here.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by maclir View Post
    Somewhat depressing news from ANZ Truckometer "Theheavy traffic index slumped markedly in June (figure 2), with the 5.2% fallunprecedented outside of lockdowns. Up until June, the data has held upmuch better than anecdotes about the state of the freight sector, but storiesabound of very light truck loadings. Some of the monthly fall could just bedata volatility, but it adds to the pile of indicators suggesting Q2 GDP couldmake for ugly reading"

https://www.anz.co.nz/content/dam/an...r-20240711.pdf
    Thank you maclir for the information. In the current year business volume should be low in some sectors due to macro-economic situation. Why do we see falling share prices in listed companies in many sectors? Because their turnover is not improving, and profits are falling. On top of that borrowing and other liabilities have gone up. Still, they have to face with high cost of doing business. However, there will be light at the end of the tunnel. Coming period is ideal for value investors and contrarian investors. We should see more sell-off in markets specially for overvalued stocks before they become better. After rebalancing my portfolio I’m slowly but surely started to build my portfolio. I don’t have to buy at once. I can accumulate them for next 18 months given the multiple signs of market weakness in the coming months. Future is bright for experienced investors.

Investments

After 67-72 range time spent ...next sideways range shud be 77-82 ...hopefully heading there !!!

Guru

That is what I assumed
    Breakout from conslidation phase

Investments

" We did reduce our position in Mainfreight modestly as we now think it will take the company longer to crack Transport in the US market than previously. However, the balance of the business is performing satisfactorily, and ongoing market share gains in Australia are particularly encouraging. "

Fisher funds view