sharetrader
Page 970 of 986 FirstFirst ... 470870920960966967968969970971972973974980 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,700 of 9857

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I'm not sure on giving up voting rights. In certain situations yes, but for general resolutions no. Ie voting on a director, I believe he would still have voting rights. In the case of a takeover possibly not. Does Rod Duke have to give up voting rights? (Briscoes)
    I'm not an expert in this area, but I read somewhere if you want to go over 20% & not take over the company you have to give up your voting rights on the share above 20%.
    Someone else might know better.
    Last edited by Daytr; 13-07-2024 at 11:01 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I'm not an expert in this area, but I read somewhere if you want to go over 20% & not take over the company you have to give up your voting rights on the share above 20%.
    Someone else might no better.
    No that's just wrong.

This might help. Seems a resolution needs to be approved by shareholders and the party associated can't vote on the matter.
    Seeing that hasn't been put forward the assumption is he won't be able to increase his stake in percentage terms.

https://chapmantripp.com/trends-insi...dely%20defined

Quote Originally Posted by Putrimacan View Post
    I’ve been invested with NTL for over 10 year’s now, during which there have been a couple of highlights and many long lows. Then 6 years ago after the labour government came to power the options for NTL became very dull to say the least. Shane Jones has signalled a favourable change in tune from the government.
    I've been in for +/-15 years. During those years, I've bought a few & sold a few shares many times & participated in SOME of the CR's.

During the last 1.8 CR, I purchased double my allotment. I sold all of those shares on market about a month ago @ 2.4, to bank a bit of a profit & get ready for the upcoming CR. I reckoned I'd be able to buy more share for the same amount of money & it will also help the company coffers. That's worked out well.

This time I'm considering putting some further new cash in & buying three times my allotment.

It sounds good when I say it like that. What I haven't said is that my base holding I've always held on too are mostly $.035 shares from a CR (when they got their bulk sampling permit) prior to consolidation which have now become $0.35 shares. I don't think I'll ever get that back for them, but I do stand a chance to recover the cost of them by some timely trading in the interim.

I won't part with those now $0.35 shares until I exit entirely for good. I want them to remain as a harsh reminder not to get too carried away with gold fever ever again with HGD/NTL.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    This might help. Seems a resolution needs to be approved by shareholders and the party associated can't vote on the matter.
    Seeing that hasn't been put forward the assumption is he won't be able to increase his stake in percentage terms.

https://chapmantripp.com/trends-insi...dely%20defined
    He won't be able to correct, as there has not been a resolution. However if for example further down the track the company wanted to convert the convertible notes to equity, this would have to be approved by special resolution in which he would not be able to vote. However post this, he would be able to vote his shares in resolutions.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    He won't be able to correct, as there has not been a resolution. However if for example further down the track the company wanted to convert the convertible notes to equity, this would have to be approved by special resolution in which he would not be able to vote. However post this, he would be able to vote his shares in resolutions.
    Best strategy for holders might be sell NTL and buy Santana Minerals (SMI) when they list on the NZX 25 July.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Best strategy for holders might be sell NTL and buy Santana Minerals (SMI) when they list on the NZX 25 July.
    Tim, dont think so imho SMI has to resolve their funding .

What does Jarden Direct know that we don't. They have the NTL market cap at double the NZX at 17.41 mil.

ShareTrader Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    What does Jarden Direct know that we don't. They have the NTL market cap at double the NZX at 17.41 mil.

probably already factored in all their yelping resulting in all the current 1:1 Cap Raise lapped up yesterday

ShareTrader Legend

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Tim, dont think so imho SMI has to resolve their funding .

the audience are already parked up in their chairs waiting .. $1.20 Oz SP doesn't happen out of nothing on the way