sharetrader
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Russell Brand! That sleeze ball, give me a break.

If you can't understand what Harris is saying then that's on you.
    It's pretty basic stuff. 🙄

Either candidate, even Biden or Mickey Mouse would be better than Trump.
    I fancy Indi Hartwell my self.

She would slam dunk the lot of them.

You can put a ring around that!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    I'm about delivering real world results.

Since we don't have a perfect world with unlimited money, and resources to feed house and clothe everyone who pops out of somewhere, allowing women to have reproductive choices seems smarter until we reach a better world where there is no resource scarcity.
    India had a controversial sterilisation programme at one stage.

Withholding contraception and/or controlling women's bodies is an attempt for a wealthy patriarchy to obtain a compliant poor population with limited family planning, dependant on church, charity or the State.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Yesterday at 11:20 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    India had a controversial sterilisation programme at one stage.

Withholding contraception and/or controlling women's bodies is an attempt for a wealthy patriarchy to obtain a compliant poor population with limited family planning, dependant on church, charity or the State.
    There's that dreaded patriarchy again. And wealthy this time too! Tell me. How did they get wealthy if they are all swamped in babies and your cunning plan is working so brilliantly. And who raises boys? The ones who fill the shoes of this evil dastardly patriarchy?

Interesting to see the civilised facade fall off some posters.

I think it's time to move on from the abortion debate. It's never clever to debate with people who would rather believe in fairy tales than science such as evolution, climate change, but apparently knows better than the experts on the pandemic.

The irony of Catholics being called catholic. I.e the meaning of the term. All embracing.
    Well I suppose they have been a little too all embracing at times, unfortunately it's typically been an inappropriate embrace of a young boy.

Anyhoo the debate on Biden's health isn't going away.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ress-secretary

Guru

Jon Stewart having some fun with Biden's predicament. Funny how Democrats are now in the same position as a lot of Republicans in that they don't like their candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WjPVK8u5Tk

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    There's that dreaded patriarchy again. And wealthy this time too! Tell me. How did they get wealthy if they are all swamped in babies and your cunning plan is working so brilliantly. And who raises boys? The ones who fill the shoes of this evil dastardly patriarchy?

Interesting to see the civilised facade fall off some posters.
    LOL. The wealthy patriarchy was an exclusive club from with power concentrated in just the men of the top wealthy echelon of church and society. NZ has just an echo of patriarchy these days. Even discrimination against women has recently ended in our monarchy. Little by little it was disassembled in NZ. In other countries such as the USA there has been a move backwards (Roe V Wade reversal).
    Last edited by Bjauck; Today at 08:34 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I think it's time to move on from the abortion debate. It's never clever to debate with people who would rather believe in fairy tales than science such as evolution, climate change, but apparently knows better than the experts on the pandemic.

The irony of Catholics being called catholic. I.e the meaning of the term. All embracing.
    Well I suppose they have been a little too all embracing at times, unfortunately it's typically been an inappropriate embrace of a young boy.
    -
    Anyhoo the debate on Biden's health isn't going away.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ress-secretary
    Roman Catholic indicates Holy See papal allegiance. Plenty of other clergy from Protestant and orthodox churches commit abuse too.

Legend

Roman Catholic indicates Holy See papal allegiance. Plenty of other clergy from Protestant and orthodox churches commit abuse too.
    Plenty of other lawyers from different firms commit abuse too.

Plenty of other teachers from schools both private and public commit abuse too.

Plenty of other public servants from a variety of organisations commit abuse too.

See where this is going.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Plenty of other lawyers from different firms commit abuse too.

Plenty of other teachers from schools both private and public commit abuse too.

Plenty of other public servants from a variety of organisations commit abuse too.

See where this is going.
    Exactly. I agree. Abuse is found in every corner of society. Celibacy became mandatory for Latin priests in the Eleventh Century.
    Last edited by Bjauck; Today at 08:56 AM.

Indeed, but I think the Catholics were by far the biggest offender, probably due to their celibacy rules.

All religions imo are flawed for the obvious reason, I.e it's faith not factual. I have many friends who are religious and I respect them and their choice, but they don't push their beliefs on others and are genuinely nice people not hypocrites who just turn up on Sunday.

What I do note is the amount of wealthy, particularly amoung the happy clappers.
    The ol eye of the needle thing is obviously lost on them.
    Last edited by Daytr; Today at 08:57 AM.