sharetrader
Page 294 of 299 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 2984

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    I must admit. Our family hasn't bought KFC for like 4 months. We can easily afford it, but it's just not value for money now days.

If we want to grab junk food then Carl's Jnr or Wendy's etc offer much better value. And if it's chicken they want then ko ko dak offers something that looks and tastes less greasy.

It's difficult to see RBD as a business returning to the good old days.
    used to be cheaper to buy takeaways , now swung the other way cheaper to cook at home now.
    one step ahead of the herd

Legend

Will be interesting to see what happens when GYG rock into NZ.......

And if will be a master franchisor or corporate owned model. Would think would kill Taco Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Will be interesting to see what happens when GYG rock into NZ.......

And if will be a master franchisor or corporate owned model. Would think would kill Taco Bell.
    I buy Taco Bell. Better than KFC.

When I Iived overseas I did boycott TB for years after Lance Armstrong stopped eating it after he got cancer. Then he kept on winning and winning.

Legend

I buy Taco Bell. Better than KFC.

When I Iived overseas I did boycott TB for years after Lance Armstrong stopped eating it after he got cancer. Then he kept on winning and winning.
    I don't think TB and him winning were linked.......

I must admit. Our family hasn't bought KFC for like 4 months. We can easily afford it, but it's just not value for money now days.

If we want to grab junk food then Carl's Jnr or Wendy's etc offer much better value. And if it's chicken they want then ko ko dak offers something that looks and tastes less greasy.

It's difficult to see RBD as a business returning to the good old days.
    I'm not sure KFC NZ demand is the problem. New Zealand segment has the highest growth at the moment (+15%).

Quote Originally Posted by Goob View Post
    I'm not sure KFC NZ demand is the problem. New Zealand segment has the highest growth at the moment (+15%).
    This is not reflected in the current share price. It's back to levels last seen in 2012.

This is not reflected in the current share price. It's back to levels last seen in 2012.
    Yes agree.

I'm trying to find what might explain the recent SP drift but I don't really have a good reason yet. I thought Q1 sales update was quite strong with positives comments in the AGM as well..

Membaa

Yes agree.

I'm trying to find what might explain the recent SP drift but I don't really have a good reason yet. I thought Q1 sales update was quite strong with positives comments in the AGM as well..
    That's a conservative description, "SP drift", now 84% down from ATH this has destroyed untold capital and the market seems totally unconvinced that there is any hope for RBD with the solid SP downtrend continuing forging new lows!

Unbelievable really. Your mention of 2012 is poignant for me, as it was when I bought in, although I did move onto other things some years later. Since ATH August 2021 I've been watching and wondering how low can this go.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    That's a conservative description, "SP drift", now 84% down from ATH this has destroyed untold capital and the market seems totally unconvinced that there is any hope for RBD with the solid SP downtrend continuing forging new lows!

Unbelievable really. Your mention of 2012 is poignant for me, as it was when I bought in, although I did move onto other things some years later. Since ATH August 2021 I've been watching and wondering how low can this go.
    I reference only the more recent drift from low $3s to mid $2s despite decent updates over that the same time (in my opinion).

Membaa

I reference only the more recent drift from low $3s to mid $2s despite decent updates over that the same time (in my opinion).
    I'm hearing you Goob, but even that short term view is a 25% capital loss in the past two months, so far, albeit unrealised if not sold. Honestly, it's hard to know what will turn around RBD but I guess as long as the recession continues, high interest rates sustain, suppressed retail spending and the fact that a family can put food on the table by buying and cooking dinner rather than buying fast food takeaways, RBD will remain in the doldrums.

That said, for those looking or watching for a medium to longer term investment, RBD when it turns (which it will in due course, it's not going out of business is it?) is a strong candidate, imo. Seriously though, who would have believed RBD would have lost 12 years of market cap gains, it beggars belief and will take substantial investment fortitude to place a stake on their future.

And there's absolutely no reason that I can see at the moment why anyone would do that right now. From a TA perspective, it's rare to see a stock go for almost two years oversold on the RSI, and still be pointing downwards. No need to get excited just yet. The time will come, but probably not soon enough for some who are already invested.
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 09-07-2024 at 09:15 PM.