sharetrader
Page 23 of 86 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I am sure Biden could be a hypocrite if he personally procured an abortion for a woman. However to support abortion as part of the secular law of the United States, for those who may or may not be Catholic, may be a different matter.
    He doesn't believe in forcing views on others. Neither did trump until he ran for president, all those voters he could get that only care about this one issue (ignoring poverty, incl of children).
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 09-07-2024 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    He doesn't believe in forcing views on others. Neither did trump until he ran for president, all those voters he could get that only care about this one issue (ignoring poverty incl of children).
    I get what you are saying re Trump & abortion, but I think Trump would force his view on anything and anyone if it's something or anything that he wants, including woman.

Guru

Some reading material for jonu:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legali...d_crime_effect

Summary - there's a link between abortion and reduced crime rates.

Keep in mind it costs $1m over 10 years for a prisoner in the US. Imagine if $1m went towards an "at risk" child early in life before they did harm to others. That's one hell of an effective intervention plan. of course the cheapest option is to simply allow abortion.

Guru

Some reading material for jonu:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legali...d_crime_effect

Summary - there's a link between abortion and reduced crime rates.

Keep in mind it costs $1m over 10 years for a prisoner in the US. Imagine if $1m went towards an "at risk" child early in life before they did harm to others. That's one hell of an effective intervention plan. of course the cheapest option is to simply allow abortion.
    My word there are some seriously scary people about. Just to be sure Panda-NZ, you could just save us all the trouble and knock all babies on the head the minute they poke their head out. China's policies might be ignored but they have come back to bite them. Turns out killing girl babies is a bad idea. Who knew?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    My word there are some seriously scary people about. Just to be sure Panda-NZ, you could just save us all the trouble and knock all babies on the head the minute they poke their head out. China's policies might be ignored but they have come back to bite them. Turns out killing girl babies is a bad idea. Who knew?
    In India and africa people are starving, in China they are not anymore.

Sure china will have a problem in future decades though , no doubt.

Guru

In India and africa people are starving, in China they are not anymore.

Sure china will have a problem in future decades though no doubt.
    That's your solution Panda-NZ. Just kill, kill, kill. More left for those you don't manage to get to.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    That's your solution Panda-NZ. Just kill, kill, kill. More left for those you don't manage to get to.
    I'm about delivering real world results.

Since we don't have a perfect world with unlimited money, and resources to feed house and clothe everyone who pops out of somewhere, allowing women to have reproductive choices seems smarter until we reach a better world where there is no resource scarcity.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 09-07-2024 at 02:58 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That's an old joke and quite funny in a stereotypical kind of way. But unfortunately, certain professions attract certain personality types and it is sometimes too late to weed out the rotten apples before it becomes scandal.

I guess if you were a pedofile, then the Priesthood seems like quite an apt vocation.
    Just like sociopaths are attracted to CEO roles, pyromaniacs like to become fire fighters etc.

Not that I am defending Catholics, I have Dutch heritage and we have a certain simmering dislike for the Catholics for what they did to us in the 1600's but you can't blame them for the pedo's that join the ranks.

That said, they should definitely be more proactive at screening and cleaning house. But that process like I stated earlier, can be difficult.
    18% of Dutch are Catholic, 14% are protestant, and 57% have no religion.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-by-religion/

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    18% of Dutch are Catholic, 14% are protestant, and 57% have no religion.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...s-by-religion/
    Abortion is legal across many catholic countries, including south america.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 09-07-2024 at 03:10 PM.

Guru

I think they should have a "grand debate" on issues like guns and abortion. After that both sides pledge it is solved.
    Dedicate three to six months on each issue and involve every level of government and every expert out there. Then pass a constitutional amendment after a referendum for the winning side.

It's a waste of time the current situation and distracts from running the country.