sharetrader
Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Briscoes and Rebel Sport boss Rod Duke on why his store is thriving while other retailers struggle

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...AJR76JVHIP2IY/

least he admitted things tough

make no mistake. It is tough. It’s very, very, very tough in the suburb I’m not going to have a record year in terms of profit, but we’re going to go all right

​stock price reflecting the times too.
    Clearly one of the best, if not the best in class in NZ retail.

https://wokeup.nz/businesses/

Bit of correlation between how woke and performance.

Rod Duke is legitimately the Duke of retail. Sharpest and smartest guy. My only regret is not working under him to at least learn some of his ways.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijay View Post
    Rod Duke is legitimately the Duke of retail. Sharpest and smartest guy. My only regret is not working under him to at least learn some of his ways.

He's certainly that in Retail.

Wonder if any lessons out of the book are being sent KMD's way ?

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    He's certainly that in Retail.

Wonder if any lessons out of the book are being sent KMD's way ?
    KMD is a funny one I reckon. I think they actually have a pretty good niche - Casual outdoor / commuter clothing at a good price point that's far less costly than North Face / REI / Patagonia, and okayish quality - nobody walking into a KMD at Sylvia Park is going up Mount Cook with the gear (or one would hope anyway).

I think the problem for KMD is their marketing and current product line up, it's just confusing. They should really double down on the kids going on their OE, intrepid travellers, and morning rush hour smart casual commuters.

Macpac is the biggest rival in the space and to be honest I think Kathmandu can easily best them if they put together the right systems (e.g. connected bags, raincoats, bottles). I don't think Mountain Warehouse is much of a threat yet, and Torpedo7 is on a $1 sale...

If their exec team reads this - everyone less than 35 is leaving the country, sell them a rucksack and a raincoat, it's not hard.