sharetrader
Page 747 of 748 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748 LastLast
Results 7,461 to 7,470 of 7471

I really hope 'Possum' doesn't live to 20.
    I would like my life back sooner than that.
    But it is what it is. He was turfed out of his last home at lockdown 4 years ago.
    Will WHS be around in 20 years?
    My local branch is empty these days, save the odd pack of school kids - keeping security busy.

Had a bit of late night shopping last night at Westfield Riccarton while mrs samjaynz was getting her nails done.

Went into both JB Hi Fi and Noel Leeming. Both stores were fairly dead (although JB a bit more lively) but it is a vastly more enjoyable shopping experience, with a hugely better range of products in everything from TVs to gaming to computers - for example they had prominently displayed some of the new Windows ARM laptops, which appeared to be absent at Noel Leeming. There were also some very competitive demo unit/open box/odds and ends specials, and had my wife not materalised sooner I probably would have walked out with a cheap but ultimately not that necessary new laptop.

Noel Leeming very drab in comparison, and the range of the items I'm interested in e.g. laptops is just so poor. The sales are also not cheap enough to really entice impulse purchasing, unlike JB where I saw some great deals. While browsing around I heard two sales guys behind the counter complaining that this time last year the shop would have been packed full on a late night Friday (very true, as I often do my groceries at the Pak N save on a Friday night and Noels was often busy). They were then complaining that there are often more staff than customers in the store at any given point in time.

I maintain my valuation of the warehouse at 40-50c per share. I don't think consumers are spending that much less and I certainly don't buy their excuse of "mild weather" - Briscoes was heaving today as well. It's just that consumers aren't spending at the Warehouse

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijay View Post
    I maintain my valuation of the warehouse at 40-50c per share. I don't think consumers are spending that much less and I certainly don't buy their excuse of "mild weather" - Briscoes was heaving today as well. It's just that consumers aren't spending at the Warehouse

Houch !! .. how far off unapproachable is that & how much premium for remote possibility of a White Knight riding in through the Red Doors for a large bargain to pick up all the pieces ?
    Last edited by nztx; Yesterday at 05:27 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Houch !! .. how far off unapproachable is that & how much premium for remote possibility of a White Knight riding in through the Red Doors for a large bargain to pick up all the pieces ?
    Who are you talking about, the Normans ?

The Warehouse central Hamilton emptyThe Warehouse Hillcrest busy and the Warehouse Te Rapa full on busy.
    My prediction one of those 3 will close and that one will be the one 25 metres from K Mart

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Who are you talking about, the Normans ?

Interesting thought - isn't it ?

how many bargains they picked up over time ?

Farmers .. Whitcoulls .. any others ?

Add a pile of deeply discounted Red Sheds into the mix & what have you ?

or wait for the pile of cards to fall over & burn .. pick up the bits of interest
    from the corporate undertakers at potentially lower

Very very good operators too .. unlisted away from spotlight, one rarely hears of them or their businesses
    but everyone probably knows the businesses & brands ..
    Last edited by nztx; Today at 08:06 PM.

percy

department store Farmers, bookstore Whitcoulls and homeware store Stevens while their jewellery brands in New Zealand and Australia are Pascoes, Stewart Dawsons, Goldmark, Angus & Coote and Prouds the Jewellers.

The Normans have continued to invest in listed retailer The Warehouse to increase their stake to 19.7%, buying 265,539 shares for $540,707 in May, even though the share price continues to fall.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    department store Farmers, bookstore Whitcoulls and homeware store Stevens while their jewellery brands in New Zealand and Australia are Pascoes, Stewart Dawsons, Goldmark, Angus & Coote and Prouds the Jewellers.

The Normans have continued to invest in listed retailer The Warehouse to increase their stake to 19.7%, buying 265,539 shares for $540,707 in May, even though the share price continues to fall.

must be thinking there's a bargain offering ?

Normans put their WHS holding into a newly incorporated company recently

Something up?