sharetrader
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    ShareTrader Legend

I see you sneaking up - Mr Ronaldson
    Last edited by nztx; 03-07-2024 at 02:24 PM.

Look at Felix go this week! What a great time to swap out from NZO after delisting late last month and into ERD as his off course substitute!

I'm not saying a word. No jinx.

Another week's numbers are in. The big news is that What the Stock has relinquished a picket fence circumstance at the conclusion of every month of the competition so far and fallen to fourth place on the ladder. Still time to redeem his/her fall from a state of grace before 31 July, but others now have a sniff of glory, including Waiuta who is no longer bridesmaid having at last caught the bouquet and leads by over 3% now.

At the time of writing this update the paging has had 86762 views so all credit to xp04 who has produced the format for a mesmerising thread on this forum. The professional race is the tightest it has been with Forsyth Barr just ahead of Nikko Asset Management and Hamilton Hindon Green clustered together in 43rd, 44th and 45th respectively. The Top 10 still contains the usual suspects with one new player who has unexpectedly legged it to prominance, with moose, Bobdn and Mad Goat Keeper trying to keep those folk honest by challenging for the honour with over 8% green numbers but not yet in clover.

cycat64 has the Gold Medal up 31 places, with Felix and OLD SURFER on the podium. Conversely clip is the wooden spoon, down 33, with GIBJA and SUBURBAN ACCOUNTANT also falling away sharply.

Good luck to everyone next week. Can you get namechecked? Who knows. The market has still to deliver for most and many continue in red numbers. Can anyone in that situation be revived? Surely some can. We will see.
    Last edited by ronaldson; 05-07-2024 at 08:27 PM.

What an interesting week!

2nd place for you Ronaldson, brilliant.

Well done Waiuta. Love the fact that number 1 is four whole market ETFs covering most of the developed world's equities plus a "mad money" pick of ATM (how I see all single stocks), which has turned out to be a banger.

I'm a big fan of having core ETF holdings and a ring fenced 5 to 10 percent allocation to anything that takes your fancy.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 06-07-2024 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Another week's numbers are in. The big news is that What the Stock has relinquished a picket fence circumstance at the conclusion of every month of the competition so far and fallen to fourth place on the ladder. Still time to redeem his/her fall from a state of grace before 31 July, but others now have a sniff of glory, including Waiuta who is no longer bridesmaid having at last caught the bouquet and leads by over 3% now.

At the time of writing this update the paging has had 86762 views so all credit to xp04 who has produced the format for a mesmerising thread on this forum. The professional race is the tightest it has been with Forsyth Barr just ahead of Nikko Asset Management and Hamilton Hindon Green clustered together in 43rd, 44th and 45th respectively. The Top 10 still contains the usual suspects with one new player who has unexpectedly legged it to prominance, with moose, Bobdn and Mad Goat Keeper trying to keep those folk honest by challenging for the honour with over 8% green numbers but not yet in clover.

cycat64 has the Gold Medal up 31 places, with Felix and OLD SURFER on the podium. Conversely clip is the wooden spoon, down 33, with GIBJA and SUBURBAN ACCOUNTANT also falling away sharply.

Good luck to everyone next week. Can you get namechecked? Who knows. The market has still to deliver for most and many continue in red numbers. Can anyone in that situation be revived? Surely some can. We will see.
    Oh look I got a mention!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by clip; 08-07-2024 at 09:50 AM.

Chin up clip. I was runner up for the spoon one week not long ago and then look what happened!
    Last edited by ronaldson; 08-07-2024 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    Chin up clip. I was runner up for the spooon one week not long ago and then look what happened!
    I am OK with it, my picks this year are either going to put me in first place or last place, it is a fun gamble

Congratulations to Bobdn who I believe is the first 2024 participant to obtain a "green sheet" for his/her suite of picks, at least since we got deeper into the competition this year. No mean feat considering.

Well you can't say the week lacked interest! Not least the drama around SML, but perhaps we have seen the first signs of a turn in sentiment? Not much money around, but less of a market funk too.

Exec is the new bridesmaid, while alokdhir has not only rejoined the Top 10 but also matched Bobdn with a green sheet of picks today. You need 11.25% to be in clover but Aquaman, Bobdn, Mad Goat keeper, Rawz and Leemsip are all above 9% and challenging for honours. Is Waiutu peaking at +21.6% and can What the Stock turn it around next week?

Wooden spoon is Gilberd, down 26 places, from OLD SURFER namechecked again for the wrong reason this time after a podium finish last week. Gold Medal belongs to Ratkin, up 27 places, from benk and LD_CHCH.

The professionals are starting to mix it more with the more prominant competitors. Forsyth Barr are up 15 places to a creditable 28th on the ladder and even Devon Funds who were below red 5% for quite a while are now into yellow figures.

You will all be relieved to know I probably won't comment next Friday as I will be in Melbourne with two young grandchildren for a family wedding the next day, so almost certainly too distracted. Feel free to post yourself if you can't bear the medallists missing out on their award or are salivating at the possibility of condemning the wooden spooner to his/her fate.