sharetrader
Page 381 of 389 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 3881

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    As a matter of interest, you say fxxk the driver, but what would you suggest this lowly paid and probably feeble person should do? Is it in their job description to step in and put themselves in harms way, breaking up passenger fights, risking getting hurt or killed in doing so? I think not.

Or maybe you think there's something else the driver could/should have done, despite the poor kid getting beaten up by the unruly passenger. The bus driver is not a pub/nightclub bouncer, on face value I would suggest very few bus drivers would have the capability to intervene in any way, without putting themselves at grave personal physical risk.

I think the Minister is totally out of order here, criticising the bus driver, like WTF, it has nothing to do with the bus driver, his job is to drive a bus on a schedule, not to risk his own life interfering in his passengers nefarious behaviours. It's like blame shifting, focusing on the bus driver instead of the dirtbag that beat the crap out of another passenger. The bus driver isn't the criminal, or the victim.
    Well said.
    Apparently Balance is writing job descriptions for bus drivers now and just because he says so they should be security guards as well.

Unlike him to cast assertions and berate people left right and center. Everyone else can apparently %$#& off.

As for Balance stepping in if he was there, for some reason and I could be well off here, but my impression is that by the time he waddled over the attacker would be long gone & maybe he would be thankful for that as he might have been embarrassed. But I digress...🤣

The banks should be very worried if Bishop gets his way as well as a number of people who could get turfed out of their homes.

The Government isn't here to deliver shocks to the housing market, there are responsible ways of doing things, and chaotic ways to do things.

Where is all the infrastructure supposed to come from or be funded by for this massive expansion of development land?

https://www.thepost.co.nz/politics/3...edium=referral
    Last edited by Daytr; 04-07-2024 at 09:41 AM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I see you have gone all quiet about the total lack of action and responsibility by the bus driver now - the arsehole did nothing (zilch) before, during and after the attack but you & the likes of Baa_Baa were verey quick to jump to the arsehole defense. Fxxk him and fxxk you too.
    Thanks for the abuse, but I am not defending the attacker at all, it is a reprehensible act and hopefully gets punished for it.

What I did question was the expectation that the bus driver should have somehow put themselves in harms way, like they were obliged to. No employee of AT is obliged to risk harm to themselves.

Lets us know what precisely you think the bus driver should have done, that they did not, and nor did any of the other passengers except the 70 year old?

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Thanks for the abuse, but I am not defending the attacker at all, it is a reprehensible act and hopefully gets punished for it.

What I did question was the expectation that the bus driver should have somehow put themselves in harms way, like they were obliged to. No employee of AT is obliged to risk harm to themselves.

Lets us know what precisely you think the bus driver should have done, that they did not, and nor did any of the other passengers except the 70 year old?
    As a minimum, the bus driver should have stopped the bus when the woman started hurling racist abuse and tapping the floor with the meter long metal bar.

He should have stopped the bus when the attack started.

He should have stopped the bus and rendered help after the attack.

He should have called the police and St Johns for the boy.

The arsehole did nothing. He left the traumatised injured school boy to his own devices. What a reprehensible and irresponsible arsehole, devoid of any basic human decency and consideration. Fxxk him and his kind.

How would you feel if the boy is your son or a family member?
    Last edited by Balance; 04-07-2024 at 10:49 AM.

Legend

Don't come here with your reprehensible sanctimonious PC woke crap about the rights of the attacker. And of how Simeon Brown should not question what protocols are in place for incidents like these on a bus and whether the arsehole driver followed the protocols (if there are some).

The attacker was identified as an overweight 40+ Maori woman by the VICTIM (who had close contact with her as in being harmed and hurt) and the SAMARITAN (who likewise had close contact with her). And yes, most of us would trust their description and an alert should be issued about how the attacker looks like to warn other potential victims. Plus there's the CCTV on the bus as well as surrounding areas (eg. traffic lights and bus stations).

As for the news media being sued for libel, who is going to sue them? The attacker?

I see you have gone all quiet about the total lack of action and responsibility by the bus driver now - the arsehole did nothing (zilch) before, during and after the attack but you & the likes of Baa_Baa were verey quick to jump to the arsehole defense. Fxxk him and fxxk you too.

Victims' rights first - attacker can get stuffed.

Glad the overseas media provide some coverage to warn other bus users about what the attacker looks like :

https://www.indianweekender.co.nz/ne...n-auckland-bus

"The woman, described as being in her 40s, with a large build and dressed in all black, exited the bus at the Williams Ave stop in Pakuranga. Passengers shouted at the driver not to open the door, but he did, allowing her to escape."

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/16-old-chi...203136194.html

"The assailant, described as a Maori woman “more than 200 kilograms," hit Jason multiple times and stabbed him in the face, knocking out five of his teeth, on board the bus after having allegedly shouted "ch*nk" at him at Johns Lane stop."

https://web.archive.org/web/20240630...nvNLXaa6iltzvQ
    Are overseas media bound by NZ law?

Actually the possibility of libel arises with respect to comments with respect to the driver of the bus. His identity is known and derogatory comments towards him would be potentially libellous. I don’t known about his training, physical capabilities, scale of threat to other passengers, possibility that the assaulter could try to crash or commandeer the bus, etc.

I imagine keeping the door closed on the rampaging woman would not be without risk of further assaults on passengers and the driver. However the driver has control over the vehicle, not passengers.

Of course the incident sounds dreadful. It also raises questions on whether bus drivers are adequately trained, whether buses need to have a second staff member aboard for security. It also possibly raises the question over adequate mental health funding, and adequate policing methods such as more “Bobbies on the beat” patrolling at risk neighbourhoods and areas.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 04-07-2024 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Are overseas media bound by NZ law?

Actually the possibility of libel arises with respect to your comments with respect to the driver of the bus. His identity is known and youndirected derogatory comments towards him. I don’t known about his training, physical capabilities, scale of threat to other passengers, possibility that the assaulter could try to crash or commandeer the bus, etc.

I imagine keeping the door closed on the rampaging women would not be without risk of further assaults on passengers and the driver. However the driver has control over the vehicle, not passengers.

Of course the incident sounds dreadful. It also raises questions on whether bus drivers are adequately trained, whether buses need to have a second staff member aboard for security. It also possibly raises the question over adequate mental health funding, and adequate policing methods such as more “Bobbies on the beat” patrolling at risk neighbourhoods and areas.
    As long as they have an office or representative in NZ, overseas media are bound by NZ libel law.

Based on what you wrote, the bus driver is already well within his rights to sue the school boy and the Samaritan for libel . So why have the arsehole driver and AT not taken such action?

You can make all the excuses you like, Bjauck but it is clear to anyone with eyes to read and with some human compassion and decency what kind of people the bus driver, AT, the Union and people like you & Baa_Baa really are.

Imagine defending a bus driver who behaved the way he did, and then attack Simeon Brown for demanding answers about protocols and whether protocols were followed by the bus driver. How reprehensible and repugnant can anyone be?
    Last edited by Balance; 04-07-2024 at 11:09 AM.

Legend

As long as they have an office or representative in NZ, they are bound by NZ libel law.

Based on what you wrote, the bus driver is already well within his rights to sue the school boy and the Samaritan for libel . So why have the arsehole driver and AT not take such action?

You can make all the excuses you like, Bjauck but it is clear to anyone with eyes to read and with some human compassion and decency what kind of people the bus driver, AT, the Union and people like you & Baa_Baa really are.
    I imagine all available evidence is being collated and tested and provided to police rather than responding with knee-jerk reactions.

You are just quick to label and throw mud.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    BB, it’s not that people expect the bus driver to get the attacker in a full nelson. That would be nice, but can’t be expected.

The dismay comes from the allegation that the bus driver did absolutely nothing. Did not call the authorities, did not attempt to get the boy out of harms way, did not attempt to offer any kind of assistance to the bleeding child after the attack.

Nothing has come out from the driver or AT so far to say that these claims are untrue.

That is disgusting. And it is also baffling how some people seem to try to some how justify the behaviour by making out that those who feel revolted at the whole episode must have an expectation that the driver demonstrated some sort of proficiency in pugilism.

Not at all.

But I do expect the driver to be a human being and not just carry on driving when a child has been so badly assaulted.
    Unfortunately, mT, NZ has arseholes like them - real arseholes with zero compassion and decency towards victims and in this case, a traumatised 16 year old kid who had his teeth knocked out and left to fend for himself after the attack.

Fxxk them all.
    Last edited by Balance; 04-07-2024 at 11:17 AM.

As a minimum, the bus driver should have stopped the bus when the woman started hurling racist abuse and tapping the floor with the meter long metal bar.

He should have stopped the bus when the attack started.

He should have stopped the bus and rendered help after the attack.

He should have called the police and St Johns for the boy.

The arsehole did nothing. He left the traumatised injured school boy to his own devices. What a reprehensible and irresponsible arsehole, devoid of any basic human decency and consideration. Fxxk him and his kind.

How would you feel if the boy is your son or a family member?
    As Bjauck has alluded to, do you know any of this for a fact?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I imagine all available evidence is being collated and tested and provided to police rather than responding with knee-jerk reactions.

You are just quick to label and throw mud.
    You spend all your time making excuses.

Stand up or stand down - just don't stand in the way of decency and compassion for victims of crime.