sharetrader
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Previously we used to keep funds in Aust dollars once you sold Aust shares for use when purchasing further parcels of Aust shares.

Now the Aust proceeds are changed into N Z dollars costing approx 2% ex and when a new parcel of Aust shares is bought you have to buy Aust dollars for settlement from your N Z dollar account costing another approx 2% ex, you have no choice thats the way they run the show !!.
    Are you sure?

Jarden would lose business big time if that was the case.

Yes I been buying and selling AUD shares via Jarden’s. I have both nz and AUD cash account.

The only time Jarden has converted money is when I failed to change the settlement currency from default nzd vs AUD.

When this happened I rang Jarden and they reversed the buy/sell order and reissued in the correct currency.
    I thought their service for this was good. Probably need to do it straight away before settlement date.
    Last edited by Perky; 10-06-2024 at 12:04 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Are you sure?

Jarden would lose business big time if that was the case.
    Sorry , Im wrong, when the web page this was under a different format , Ive missed that in the new layout, MY FAULT.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Previously we used to keep funds in Aust dollars once you sold Aust shares for use when purchasing further parcels of Aust shares.

Now the Aust proceeds are changed into N Z dollars costing approx 2% ex and when a new parcel of Aust shares is bought you have to buy Aust dollars for settlement from your N Z dollar account costing another approx 2% ex, you have no choice thats the way they run the show !!.
    Who is that with whatsup? With Jarden? I just checked, and you can still request your Aussie sells to be settled in AUD.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Who is that with whatsup? With Jarden? I just checked, and you can still request your Aussie sells to be settled in AUD.

yes you just have to select settlement currency
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Hope its an error not a sign of the times. Just charged $57-20 brokerage on a buy of $9100-00. Incidentally ARV 10k.

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    Hope its an error not a sign of the times. Just charged $57-20 brokerage on a buy of $9100-00. Incidentally ARV 10k.
    Sounds high. Did you do the order online and have funds in the account?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwikeith View Post
    Sounds high. Did you do the order online and have funds in the account?
    Normal purchase with funds in the account to cover the purchase.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    https://www.jardendirect.co.nz/pricing

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    It seems you have been charged $29.90 + 0.3% of the trade value so it appears as though that is the rate for an online trade with insufficient funds in your jarden account. I suggest you call them tomorrow if you think they have made an error.

They are pretty strict with enforcing the terms and conditions. A month ago I tried (unsuccessfully I might add) to persuade them that charging me a $29.90 fee on an order that only filled $5 worth of shares was unfair but they just said they are applying the appropriate charging formula.
    Last edited by kiwikeith; 01-07-2024 at 10:36 PM.