sharetrader
Page 743 of 745 FirstFirst ... 243643693733739740741742743744745 LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,430 of 7444

Quote Originally Posted by kiwical View Post
    There are risks there of course. On Ali what you get is sometimes different to the picture. You didn't mention if it was a branded item. If it was there is a good chance it would be counterfeit. The other problem is, unlike if you purchased in NZ, you have no legal protection if the item arrives faulty, or develops a fault soon after purchase.
    I agree. I don't buy items that could cause me damage should they fail. But things like sanding discs and handtools/measuring tools I have had no problems with at all and frankly I think have the same change of being faulty as those same imported items sitting on shelves in NZ.

I have bought floating shelf brackets, small ones, and damn near lifted myself off of the ground on 2x 100m steel brackets that cost a few dollars. And I'm not a light lift...

I assume most branded products are not genuine and act accordingly, even though that's possibly unfair to these sites...

All of this to say, I'm nearly 40 and every single one of my peers, and I'm sure everyone younger than me, does this. Mum and Dad ask us to find things for them. So the retail landscape has a lot of change left and TWH etc are going to have to find their niches.

I'm not pointing fingers as the outcome sucks if you are injured, but a grinding disc shattering is very unlikely to be due to country of origin. Proper tool use and correct PPE for the job are far more important factors when it comes to safety regardless of where the tool and consumable come from.

Legend

Another article.....

"Kmart is eating Warehouses breakfast, lunch and dinner....."

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/money...y+25+June+2024

Legend

A 99c Woollies bargain going folks - the Red Shed looks like it's properly fallen out of bed

Infact most of NZX looks that way .. have never seen such a motley bunch of recession hit listings
    slip sliding further south as another Winter wave washes in. A few bright stars among the bunch, but..
    Last edited by nztx; 25-06-2024 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Another article.....

And JB HiFi crushing Noel Leeming …in existing stores and store expansion
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

How could WHS get it so badly wrong to be placed in a position to be clobbered over the head
    in each & every sector they operate in ?

Were the top brass too busy out spending their coin & never paid attention to the nuts & bolts of what was going on inside ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Another article.....

You only had to use the eye test to see what was going to happen. Twice in Kmart I put stuff back on the shelf because the queue for checkout was so long. Meanwhile the only action the check out operators in the warehouse were seeing was people returning stuff for refunds

Discussion over on Reddit as to a rumour that Noel Leeming is on "stop credit".

Conjecture aside, what's more interesting is the 200+ comments all bagging on what a rubbish shop it is. I personally pick JB Hi Fi or PB Tech any day as the range is so much better.

Crazy to think how far "The Group" has fallen in such a short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Be careful be very careful when buying hand tools from offshore, I was working with a friend of mine who was using a hand held grinder when the blade shattered and hit him in the mouth, took out his teeth and upper pallet right up into his nose.
    The only reason that it didnt take our his eye was because of the hardness of his upper pallet bone, blood spurting everywhere, I took him to hospital and straight into the op theatre he went.

Three years later and after numerous ops he is still waiting for his final skin grafts after having new teeth, pallet and micro surgeries

IMHO DO NOT BUY CHEAP TOOLS if you value your health and safety, they use shi! steel in them.
    Good advice.

I am very concerned about the WHS group and their ability to survive. It would require a miraculous turnaround though Kmart was once there too. In the interest of seeing what's going on I went to a few of their stores over the weekend.

- Noel Leeming Royal Oak: Only customer to walk in at 1pm, nobody except staff, and the staff that were there weren't the sharpest. In fact they said I was one of the few that day to arrive. Tried to buy a wireless headset but they refused to haggle - mate, beggars can't be choosers.

- Warehouse Mount Roskill: Witnessed a shoplifting in progress as I walked in. staff and everyone were more eyes rolling as if it was a cleanup in Aisle 10 than anything else. The store was good and a bit of foot traffic, but cold hard concrete, jarring white shrill lights and the red everywhere makes for a bad hangover show. $5 Weetbix seems to be their bestseller. Some of their things were straight from Temu at double the price.

- Warehouse Stationary New Lynn: printing was doing a bit of trade but empty otherwise.

Going into PB Tech, JB Hi Fi and Kmart, you'd think we're going into another lockdown with the checkout queues. Kmart is on another level with queues for self checkout stretching all through the shop.

I think it's how customers feel that make all the difference. Going to the warehouse almost feels embarassing - as if stooping to a new low. Going to Noel Leeming feels like a mistake only you're making (since nobody else is there) and you feel like you're getting screwed. Lastly Warehouse Stationary doesn't feel like anything because the only time anyone goes there is February when the school year begins.
    Last edited by kiwijay; 25-06-2024 at 10:01 PM.