sharetrader
Page 742 of 745 FirstFirst ... 242642692732738739740741742743744745 LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,420 of 7444

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Would they be a bargain at $1........

Computer says no.
    I have no idea who would be buying the stock at these levels.

It will drift to 75 cents.

If bargain hunters become active it may reach $1.20. Inflation and high cost of doing business have impacted the sector. Cyclical businesses have cycles. For me they are seasonal plays.

Time to shutdown the red shed haberdasheries and re-open as a discount supermarket chain.

I also have concerns for traditional retail. Today I bought a workshop tool, exact match, for $21 on AliExpress and the equivalent NZ discount tool retailer is selling for $73. Same product image and everything. I don't need it today, and shipping from China was cheaper than shipping from Auckland... Interesting times.

Quote Originally Posted by thebusinessman View Post
    I also have concerns for traditional retail. Today I bought a workshop tool, exact match, for $21 on AliExpress and the equivalent NZ discount tool retailer is selling for $73. Same product image and everything. I don't need it today, and shipping from China was cheaper than shipping from Auckland... Interesting times.
    There are risks there of course. On Ali what you get is sometimes different to the picture. You didn't mention if it was a branded item. If it was there is a good chance it would be counterfeit. The other problem is, unlike if you purchased in NZ, you have no legal protection if the item arrives faulty, or develops a fault soon after purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwical View Post
    There are risks there of course. On Ali what you get is sometimes different to the picture. You didn't mention if it was a branded item. If it was there is a good chance it would be counterfeit. The other problem is, unlike if you purchased in NZ, you have no legal protection if the item arrives faulty, or develops a fault soon after purchase.
    Good point.

Truck online is to deal with the big and reputable entities.

I have found with Temu however that they have a ‘refund/return policy no question asked’. Have effortlessly received couple of refunds from them due to incomplete order and faulty equipment.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Good point.

Truck online is to deal with the big and reputable entities.

I have found with Temu however that they have a ‘refund/return policy no question asked’. Have effortlessly received couple of refunds from them due to incomplete order and faulty equipment.
    Be careful be very careful when buying hand tools from offshore, I was working with a friend of mine who was using a hand held grinder when the blade shattered and hit him in the mouth, took out his teeth and upper pallet right up into his nose.
    The only reason that it didnt take our his eye was because of the hardness of his upper pallet bone, blood spurting everywhere, I took him to hospital and straight into the op theatre he went.

Three years later and after numerous ops he is still waiting for his final skin grafts after having new teeth, pallet and micro surgeries

IMHO DO NOT BUY CHEAP TOOLS if you value your health and safety, they use shi! steel in them.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwical View Post
    I agree. My first order was fine. The item I got from the 2nd order was in poor quality and took long time to come from a east European country. Some listed suppliers in Ali. may be not reliable. Online is suited only for items that we can understand.

I used temu with my credit card , then my credit card was used illegally 1 week after temu purchase. on investigation quite few stories on internet of this happening with temu.
    one step ahead of the herd

Caveat Emptor!